Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to access siri from ford sync

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 PM

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Any way to access siri from ford sync

Is there anyway to access Siri from ford sync voice control. I'm tired of playing pocket pool trying to find my home button for Siri. The voice controls for sync are ridiculous but if it could access Siri then I'd be a happy camper. I know I can plug the phone in and use hey Siri but I never plug my phone in. I hope one of you guys or gals have figured out the secret sync command to do this.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

nope, Microsoft sync, apple siri.
new cars are coming out with a siri button (carplay)

option, http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/02/m...on-to-any-car/

Last edited by kidastra; 04-08-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Only way I know how is to push the home button on the phone, Siri will come thru the bluetooth, and will listen thru the car mic, Sync will show phone active. It does the same thing with Google Voice.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

If your phone is plugged into a power source and you say "hey siri" she will automatically reply through the speakers via bluetooth... works like a charm!
The following users liked this post:
soaringfalcon (04-09-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 06:46 AM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemedic21
If your phone is plugged into a power source and you say "hey siri" she will automatically reply through the speakers via bluetooth... works like a charm!
Just tried that With OK Google and it worked as well. Awesome tip.
Firemedic21 (04-11-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 09:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssls6
Is there anyway to access Siri from ford sync voice control. I'm tired of playing pocket pool trying to find my home button for Siri. The voice controls for sync are ridiculous but if it could access Siri then I'd be a happy camper. I know I can plug the phone in and use hey Siri but I never plug my phone in. I hope one of you guys or gals have figured out the secret sync command to do this.
Originally Posted by Firemedic21
I believe he already addressed that!
kidastra (04-09-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 10:20 AM

I wished someone from Ford would fix such an obvious oversight. People are so impressed when Siri speaks over my speakers and I talk to her via the truck mic. What they don't know is all the fumbling around I did in my pocket to make that happen.

It is my hope that the apple watch fixes my problem but I only put the odds at 50/50.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 AM
IT nerd geek DORK NERD

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by funmoneypit150
I believe he already addressed that!
So hey, I betcha he didn't know that if you plug in the phone and say "hey Siri....."

Old 04-09-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssls6
I wished someone from Ford would fix such an obvious oversight. People are so impressed when Siri speaks over my speakers and I talk to her via the truck mic. What they don't know is all the fumbling around I did in my pocket to make that happen. It is my hope that the apple watch fixes my problem but I only put the odds at 50/50.
I wasn't an obvious oversight! They never intended to make the system work exclusively with Siri. If you want that kind of function then drop the coin and get a system put in with Apple play.

And let's be honest, this is a first world problem IF you can even call it a problem. Plug in your phone and stop blaming an auto manufacture for not making their system work with one phone on the market. Well it works perfect with the phone but you want one function to work wirelessly while it works fine plugged in.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by RES4CUE
I wasn't an obvious oversight! They never intended to make the system work exclusively with Siri. If you want that kind of function then drop the coin and get a system put in with Apple play.
Just a matter of opinion. Ford pushed out an update to sync which could have included access to siri or google. Simple in software and people with smart phones (fords customers) would have been happier. Not making your customers happy when it costs you nothing is my definition of an obvious oversight.

You speak like you know Ford's intent, I for sure don't and would argue someone there is not paying attention.

Quick Reply: Any way to access siri from ford sync