Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on when Ford’s next round of heavy F-150 rebates will be?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Any thoughts on when Ford’s next round of heavy F-150 rebates will be?

I’m in the mindset to pick up a new F-150 sometime between now and summer. I’m very specific in what I want: STX or XLT, SCab, 6.5’ bed, 2WD, 5.0L, 3.55 ELD, Tow Package, and I REALLY like the new Sunset color, but if I had to sacrifice something, I could go with a different color (blue flame, sterling gray, blue jeans metallic, ingot silver...); can’t sacrifice any of the other variables. If STX, it’s gotta have the Sport package (makes it pretty much loaded, and adds the center console), and if XLT, at least the 301A package, preferably 302A.

I’ve been targeting the 2014 model year as the year I would upgrade from my 2008; as great as the upcoming “Atlas” sounds, I won’t buy new the first model year of a new generation, and I don’t want to wait 2 more years before I get a new truck. Anyway, I hadn’t really been paying too much attention to current rebates, but I was poking around on a nearby dealer’s site the other day and found a truck outfitted almost exactly as I want: ’13 XLT SCab, 6.5’ bed, 2WD, 5.0, 3.55 ELD, Sterling Gray, 302A. I realized Ford was offering $9000 in rebates (the ‘Dream Big sales event’) on the ’13 F-150s optioned out the way this truck is, but knew I couldn’t get anything done before that promotion expired (was only good through yesterday, Jan. 2nd). I wasn’t worried, I figured, since the 13s are sitting around taking up space that could be occupied by the 14s, the rebates would probably stay the same or get better; I also thought, being the middle of winter with lots of snow on the ground and crappy roads all around, perhaps the dealer would be more interested in giving additional discounts to move a 2WD model. However, turns out I was wrong, Ford cut the incentive in half: now only offering up to $4500 (maybe $5000) on ’13 models, and still only $2500 on ’14 models. So, I don’t think it’s worth pursuing this ’13 I happened across, as I believe I can, eventually, get back to at least ~$10k in rebates on a well optioned STX or XLT, PLUS haggle with the dealer for a bit more. I can’t imagine this dealer would even get the price of this ’13 back to where it would’ve been with just the $9k in rebates, so might as well just wait for the ‘14s to become heavily incentivized. Ultimately, whatever I buy, I want the OTD price to be in the mid 20K range before factoring in my trade, and I think this should be very do-able for a 2WD SCab STX or XLT when the rebates are in full swing.

Question is, when might that be? Prior to the rebates that just expired, the only time last year when I recall seeing ads for heavy F-150 incentives was around September. I’m hoping to not wait THAT long, particularly since I’m looking for a very specific build-out and I don’t want to end up in a situation where the ‘15s have been released, ‘14s are dwindling, and I can’t find a ’14 in the configuration I want. The current rebates aren’t set to expire until 3/31/14, so I suppose April is the earliest that we might see more rebates on the ‘14s. I know it’s all speculation until it happens, but hopefully those who have more knowledge on previous trends/sales strategies can provide some insight. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by nagata
I’m in the mindset to pick up a new F-150 sometime between now and summer. I’m very specific in what I want: STX or XLT, SCab, 6.5’ bed, 2WD, 5.0L, 3.55 ELD, Tow Package, and I REALLY like the new Sunset color, but if I had to sacrifice something, I could go with a different color (blue flame, sterling gray, blue jeans metallic, ingot silver...); can’t sacrifice any of the other variables. If STX, it’s gotta have the Sport package (makes it pretty much loaded, and adds the center console), and if XLT, at least the 301A package, preferably 302A.

I’ve been targeting the 2014 model year as the year I would upgrade from my 2008; as great as the upcoming “Atlas” sounds, I won’t buy new the first model year of a new generation, and I don’t want to wait 2 more years before I get a new truck. Anyway, I hadn’t really been paying too much attention to current rebates, but I was poking around on a nearby dealer’s site the other day and found a truck outfitted almost exactly as I want: ’13 XLT SCab, 6.5’ bed, 2WD, 5.0, 3.55 ELD, Sterling Gray, 302A. I realized Ford was offering $9000 in rebates (the ‘Dream Big sales event’) on the ’13 F-150s optioned out the way this truck is, but knew I couldn’t get anything done before that promotion expired (was only good through yesterday, Jan. 2nd). I wasn’t worried, I figured, since the 13s are sitting around taking up space that could be occupied by the 14s, the rebates would probably stay the same or get better; I also thought, being the middle of winter with lots of snow on the ground and crappy roads all around, perhaps the dealer would be more interested in giving additional discounts to move a 2WD model. However, turns out I was wrong, Ford cut the incentive in half: now only offering up to $4500 (maybe $5000) on ’13 models, and still only $2500 on ’14 models. So, I don’t think it’s worth pursuing this ’13 I happened across, as I believe I can, eventually, get back to at least ~$10k in rebates on a well optioned STX or XLT, PLUS haggle with the dealer for a bit more. I can’t imagine this dealer would even get the price of this ’13 back to where it would’ve been with just the $9k in rebates, so might as well just wait for the ‘14s to become heavily incentivized. Ultimately, whatever I buy, I want the OTD price to be in the mid 20K range before factoring in my trade, and I think this should be very do-able for a 2WD SCab STX or XLT when the rebates are in full swing.

Question is, when might that be? Prior to the rebates that just expired, the only time last year when I recall seeing ads for heavy F-150 incentives was around September. I’m hoping to not wait THAT long, particularly since I’m looking for a very specific build-out and I don’t want to end up in a situation where the ‘15s have been released, ‘14s are dwindling, and I can’t find a ’14 in the configuration I want. The current rebates aren’t set to expire until 3/31/14, so I suppose April is the earliest that we might see more rebates on the ‘14s. I know it’s all speculation until it happens, but hopefully those who have more knowledge on previous trends/sales strategies can provide some insight. Thanks!

These trucks are selling for $10-11k below MSRP..How much lower do you think there gonna go. With Economy doing better (according to experts that is), your gonna see less rebates, and higher interest rates in 2014. Better get in there while you can. Don't miss out.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Originally Posted by Truck owner
These trucks are selling for $10-11k below MSRP..How much lower do you think there gonna go. With Economy doing better (according to experts that is), your gonna see less rebates, and higher interest rates in 2014. Better get in there while you can. Don't miss out.
Ummm, well, that's exactly what I indicated that I'm ultimately looking for, ~$10k in rebates. In MY area, middle-Ohio, the rebates on the '13 models just fell from $9k to $4500, so we're not talking anywhere near $10-$11k off MSRP anymore. I'm simply asking for (and I know it'd be speculation) input on when Ford will likely bring that level of rebates back, except this time it'll be on the '14 models. Heavily discounted '14 models SHOULD happen, since it's an outgoing model and the all-new 2015s will be coming in.

And I apologize, I know discounts are regional; I'm in Columbus, Ohio.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:47 PM

Ummm, well, that's exactly what I indicated that I'm ultimately looking for, ~$10k in rebates. In MY area, middle-Ohio, the rebates on the '13 models just fell from $9k to $4500, so we're not talking anywhere near $10-$11k off MSRP anymore. I'm simply asking for (and I know it'd be speculation) input on when Ford will likely bring that level of rebates back, except this time it'll be on the '14 models. Heavily discounted '14 models SHOULD happen, since it's an outgoing model and the all-new 2015s will be coming in.

And I apologize, I know discounts are regional; I'm in Columbus, Ohio.

With the 15's being delayed, it wont be until the 15's hit dealer lots that they would offer incentives on 14's. This might not be until late summer. You need to drive to MD and get you a deal. I would drive for a $10-11k off msrp over just 4500. I drove 2 hrs to get my 13 and my new 14. I wouldn't bank on the normal incentives if the economy truly picks up as many suggest. There gonna rake in the cash if they can.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:48 PM
TTV6>V8

Received 280 Likes on 194 Posts

From what I've read and experienced August/September are the best times of year to get the best deal possible. They have the Ford family pricing and if you work hard at getting two dealers competing for your business you will ultimately come out with the best deal.
Of course I'm here in Canada so I wouldn't know exactly how much you could get off the truck but if your looking for a '14 then I'd wait until a month or two before the Atlas will be hitting the lots.
The Atlas will basically have a great effect on the price of the "old" models and you should be able to scoop one cheaper. Unfortunately you are very specific on what trim you want so you can't wait till the end when they blow the last few out and you get what you get but there should be no reason you can't find a smoking deal around that time.
Good luck with the search. Remember, don't be afraid to use two dealers against each other. I've don't this twice myself and a few times with friends. It works great.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Originally Posted by Truck owner
With the 15's being delayed, it wont be until the 15's hit dealer lots that they would offer incentives on 14's. This might not be until late summer. You need to drive to MD and get you a deal. I would drive for a $10-11k off msrp over just 4500. I drove 2 hrs to get my 13 and my new 14. I wouldn't bank on the normal incentives if the economy truly picks up as many suggest. There gonna rake in the cash if they can.
Trouble is, I believe rebates are based on your home address; perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think it's based on residency, not where you buy the truck, which is how sales tax works. I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted by Logan24
From what I've read and experienced August/September are the best times of year to get the best deal possible. They have the Ford family pricing and if you work hard at getting two dealers competing for your business you will ultimately come out with the best deal.
Of course I'm here in Canada so I wouldn't know exactly how much you could get off the truck but if your looking for a '14 then I'd wait until a month or two before the Atlas will be hitting the lots.
The Atlas will basically have a great effect on the price of the "old" models and you should be able to scoop one cheaper. Unfortunately you are very specific on what trim you want so you can't wait till the end when they blow the last few out and you get what you get but there should be no reason you can't find a smoking deal around that time.
Good luck with the search. Remember, don't be afraid to use two dealers against each other. I've don't this twice myself and a few times with friends. It works great.
Yeah, the 2015 model is what I'm expecting will knock down the 2014 prices, but as you guys state, I'm "worried" that this won't happen until late in the year. I'm not under any pressure to replace my '08, but I was hoping that I'd buy a new one sooner than later. Guess I wish I would've found this '13 a few days earlier, when I would've had time to try to cut a deal. Oh well I guess.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Let me consult my crystal ball and get back to you maybe.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 PM

Trouble is, I believe rebates are based on your home address; perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think it's based on residency, not where you buy the truck, which is how sales tax works. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, the 2015 model is what I'm expecting will knock down the 2014 prices, but as you guys state, I'm "worried" that this won't happen until late in the year. I'm not under any pressure to replace my '08, but I was hoping that I'd buy a new one sooner than later. Guess I wish I would've found this '13 a few days earlier, when I would've had time to try to cut a deal. Oh well I guess.

to my knowledge only the sales tax is what matters on a deal. You would pay ohio tax/tags but never saw a rebate that cared where you live. Dealers get perks for drawing in customers from far away. Both dealers thanked me a lot for driving to come see them over dealing local dealer 10 minutes away.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
2011 Lariat Screw EB

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

You live in Ohio. This is the place EVERYONE talks about getting the best F150 deals. Always 10-12k off sticker

http://www.fairwayford.us/

Don't know if they have a 2wd XLT in stock though.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

As already said above, the best deals to be had right now will be on the 2013 models, as they'll want them gone as soon as possible (2014's have been on the lot for quite some time now). As soon as the "new" models arrive on the ground, incentives will always get better on aged inventory. If you're willing to take a non-current model year, there could be some great savings.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on when Ford’s next round of heavy F-150 rebates will be?