Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another wheel help thread... Sorry

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 470 Likes on 269 Posts

Default Another wheel help thread... Sorry

I know there is one of these a week, but I have to ask. Here is what I am looking for. I have a 2013 XLT 4x4.
Name:  image-4259637775_zpsba2f0855.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  119.8 KB

I don't use my truck for hardcore offroading. It is mostly used on pavement and some forest road running to get to camping or riding locations. So I am not looking for aggressive nobby tires, but I would like to fill the wheel wells and get as wide as possible.

That said, I am keeping the suspension stock. Even when I do upgrade it, I will keep it at stock height. Not looking to level or lift the truck. I am fine with the ride height as it is. Larger tires are fine, but I am not looking to lift the chassis.

I would also like to keep 18" wheels max. The ones I like the most thus far are the Method NV's in black. I would at least change the bolts to the stainless ones. But if anyone has a suggestion for a similar wheel design with NO bolts, that would be most appreciated. Not a fan of the "for looks only" wheel bolts.

I would also like to get an idea of the max tire size. I am thinking about something like a Michelin LTX tire. What is the max tire size to fill the wheel wells and gain some width without rubbing or having to cut any metal.

Thanks in advance for even opening this thread, I know they get annoying. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. It is all much appreciated. Thanks gentleman.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:42 PM

Received 627 Likes on 445 Posts

275/70/18 should fit without any rubbing. That's as big and wide as I would go on stock wheels with no level. 285/65/18 is probably pushing it.

Quick Reply: Another wheel help thread... Sorry