Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFE Cold Air Intake - Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

Default AFE Cold Air Intake - Parts?

Hi all. I purchased a slightly used package last week of an AFE exhaust for my Ecoboost and the guy was selling an AFE CAI with it. My main concern was the exhaust, the CAI was a bonus, given the price. Only thing is, the CAI only fits 2012 and up Eco's. Mine is 2011. The seller told me that he had contacted AFE a while back and was told (for his own knowledge) that he could buy a separate intake pipe from them for $90, which would adapt to the kit, in order to fit the 2011 trucks. After purchasing the combo, I contacted AFE to inquire about this tube. They now tell me that they were selling too many single tubes to customers, to fit other years trucks, that they were left with pieces of new kits that couldn't be sold, and management put a stop to selling the tubes separately. He now tells me I'm out of luck, and best they can do is called a buyback and I would have to pay $395 for proper intake, which would be model 54-12182. The intake that I have is 54-12192. The only difference I believe is the MAF was positioned differently on the 2011 than the 2012+ years Ecoboosts. Does anyone have any suggestions to get a tube anywhere or am I SOL and have to resort to selling the whole thing locally or on eBay? Not impressed with AFE!! I know I don't deserve special treatment, but the seller had called some time ago and talked to the guy. I went based on that info when I purchased everything. With my situation, I would have hoed they'd give great customer service and just say "yeah, we will sell you a tube, even though we don't typically do this".
Old 04-07-2016, 10:14 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Why are you mad at AFE? Just because the guy you bought it from called "a while back" and talked to "some guy" doesn't mean they should honor it.

The intake was a bonus, sell it and buy the correct one. Or take it to a welding shop and see if they can't modify the tube for you.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 291 Likes on 209 Posts

You say you don't deserve special treatment, then wonder why they make exception this one time? You know how many "one times" they have probably had? You still bought the product second hand, and went off second hand info. You should have called them BEFORE you bought them to follow up. Not very reasonable of you to have poor impression of aFe bc they wouldn't send a part to a used product. And if it was just a bonus, just sell the thing, and either buy the one that fits, or don't buy one at all, but don't blame aFe for your mistake.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:42 PM

I think I will wind up selling it. I only said I wasn't happy with AFE as a result of their email replies. Pretty much blunt and that I was out of luck. I work as a manager for a large company and own my own business...both focus on customer service #1. They just didn't hold up via email replies to how I would have handled it. That's my opinion. I spoke with the same fellow who the previous owner has spoken to, and he knew that. I was merely asking on the thread if I could purchase a tube separately anywhere. I think I will sell it and not bother with another.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

do you mean this tube? http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...OQIaAoJ88P8HAQ
Old 04-08-2016, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by diegoo.jayjay

Nope. Similar idea though. It's only one of the two tubes, the one that you put the mass airflow sensor on. Pretty sure they can't be purchased anywhere separately being that AFE doesn't do it.

Quick Reply: AFE Cold Air Intake - Parts?