Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEM Releases Infinity ECU Plug & Play Adapter Harness for Ford Coyote Racing Engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 11:15 PM

Received 133 Likes on 103 Posts

Default AEM Releases Infinity ECU Plug & Play Adapter Harness for Ford Coyote Racing Engines

I've been a huge fan of AEM for awhile and they finally released a system for the 5.0...I sure hope it works on the F-150.

Last edited by jonbar87; 10-26-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:43 PM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

First sentence says it is for vehicles with the Ford Racing Control Pack. So I doubt it will work, and there is no reason to need it. Tuners can do the exact same with handheld programmes. This stand alone ECU is significant because previously with the Ford Racing Control Pack, it was not able to be tuned.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by azmidget91
First sentence says it is for vehicles with the Ford Racing Control Pack. So I doubt it will work, and there is no reason to need it. Tuners can do the exact same with handheld programmes. This stand alone ECU is significant because previously with the Ford Racing Control Pack, it was not able to be tuned.
Except handhelds leave traces....
Old 10-27-2014, 02:17 AM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by jonbar87
Except handhelds leave traces....
What does that have to do with anything? You wouldn't use this on a F-150 with a factory 5.0 in it. If you're trying to trick ford into keeping your warranty you're barking way up the wrong tree.

This is for people that buy junkyard coyote engines to put into their resto-mods. I know this because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING AT DOING AS WE SPEAK!!! The problem is no one makes a control system for both the coyote and 6r80 and I want both. From what I have gathered the only option is to fully gut EVERYTHING connected to the factory harness and transfer it over. I keep reading about SCT saying they were finding a work-around with the stock ecu but I can't find anyone that has confirmed they have done this and SCT won't reply to my emails asking if they have or not.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by mechanicboy

What does that have to do with anything? You wouldn't use this on a F-150 with a factory 5.0 in it. If you're trying to trick ford into keeping your warranty you're barking way up the wrong tree.

This is for people that buy junkyard coyote engines to put into their resto-mods. I know this because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING AT DOING AS WE SPEAK!!! The problem is no one makes a control system for both the coyote and 6r80 and I want both. From what I have gathered the only option is to fully gut EVERYTHING connected to the factory harness and transfer it over. I keep reading about SCT saying they were finding a work-around with the stock ecu but I can't find anyone that has confirmed they have done this and SCT won't reply to my emails asking if they have or not.

I'm not saying I'm going to, but I'm sure there are people that would.

Quick Reply: AEM Releases Infinity ECU Plug & Play Adapter Harness for Ford Coyote Racing Engines