Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 XLT Radio Sync Confused

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:41 AM

Received 148 Likes on 86 Posts

Default 2014 XLT Radio Sync Confused

My radio is confused!!! I use the Bluetooth, and sometimes when I get in the truck it starts playing the Bluetooth and other times it starts in Line In... Sometimes the radio face says Bluetooth audio but, no sound and when I push the voice button the the wheel it says line in but the face of the radio says Bluetooth????? Anyone have this same problem????
Old 12-05-2014, 09:17 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I've noticed that. I would guess there is some sort of time limit or app dependency on your phone, along with how quickly the Bluetooth syncs. If it syncs fast enough, itll start Bluetooth audio, if not, itll go to line in.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgehemi0
My radio is confused!!! I use the Bluetooth, and sometimes when I get in the truck it starts playing the Bluetooth and other times it starts in Line In... Sometimes the radio face says Bluetooth audio but, no sound and when I push the voice button the the wheel it says line in but the face of the radio says Bluetooth????? Anyone have this same problem????
Hey dodgehemi0,

There are no settings within your system that allow a default source to be chosen. Which type of phone are you connecting to SYNC? I may be able to provide some troubleshooting to improve the Bluetooth connection between the phone and your vehicle.

Kim
Old 12-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Fast Driver Slow Truck

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts

take note of the condition of the phone when this is happening.

Was the music app open or in the background? on iphones even if it is closed its still active sometimes(swipe up from the bottom to see pandora in the quick menu, for example)
was it plugged into the sync USB before you started the truck?

I've noticed that if I plug it in before i start the truck it makes everything a lot more predictable vs. trying to do it after things are running and going, fumbling with it and cursing for the entire trip down the road.

Quick Reply: 2014 XLT Radio Sync Confused