Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.

2014 Rough Paint

 
Old 04-19-2015, 09:15 PM
  #1  
new guy
Thread Starter
 
bubblehead33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: a little sandbar on the East Coast of Canada
Posts: 136
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2014 Rough Paint

Hey all. Gave my truck the first hand wash of the year today and noticed the paint on the lower doors and box was rough, like there was grit in the paint. Scrubbed on it with the sponge but it didn't do anything to it. Not sure if anyone has noticed this before. Its only on the lower part of the truck (from the door handles down.), engine bonnet and top of fenders are fine. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem (tried the search, no luck.) Gonna go to the dealer on Tuesday to see what they have to say, just thought I'd throw it out here.
bubblehead33 is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
zacharyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 659
Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bubblehead33 View Post
Hey all. Gave my truck the first hand wash of the year today and noticed the paint on the lower doors and box was rough, like there was grit in the paint. Scrubbed on it with the sponge but it didn't do anything to it. Not sure if anyone has noticed this before. Its only on the lower part of the truck (from the door handles down.), engine bonnet and top of fenders are fine. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem (tried the search, no luck.) Gonna go to the dealer on Tuesday to see what they have to say, just thought I'd throw it out here.
ford won't care. Welcome to subpar paint jobs of ford. Every time I look at my truck I find a new defect.
zacharyz is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
TMurphy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 808
Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
Default

Probably just needs a good clay bar...
TMurphy11 is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 08:20 AM
  #4  
new guy
Thread Starter
 
bubblehead33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: a little sandbar on the East Coast of Canada
Posts: 136
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TMurphy11 View Post
Probably just needs a good clay bar...
Maybe thats the answer. Never used a clay bar before, will have to google it I guess.
bubblehead33 is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 09:02 AM
  #5  
King Hater
 
Tothemax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: MONTANA
Posts: 6,918
Received 837 Likes on 628 Posts
Default

x2 on the claybar. I do my truck twice a year. Fall and spring.
Tothemax is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:44 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MCDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: RVA
Posts: 2,072
Received 552 Likes on 466 Posts
Default

Clay for sure, however if you're hesitant about clay then check out the Nanoskin products. The do a similar job as clay, in fact just about as well on newer less neglected surfaces. Can be found in sponges and towels. I have both and use them both with great success. If you drop clay you basically have to throw it out. If you drop Nanoskin you just wash it off and continue.
MCDavis is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bubblehead33 (04-20-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 11:50 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
ElGordoTejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 550
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Welcome to the wonderful world of FORD. My 2014 also has tons of paint imperfections that the dealer just laughed about. Said they would fix, but required to drop my vehicle off for 2 to 3 days or more.
ElGordoTejano is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 12:08 PM
  #8  
new guy
Thread Starter
 
bubblehead33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: a little sandbar on the East Coast of Canada
Posts: 136
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ElGordoTejano View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of FORD. My 2014 also has tons of paint imperfections that the dealer just laughed about. Said they would fix, but required to drop my vehicle off for 2 to 3 days or more.
Is that right? I'm going on a road trip across the country with a buddy tomorrow, wouldn't really bother me too much to not have the truck for a couple days. I'll see what my dealer says tomorrow. Thanks for the responses guys.
bubblehead33 is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 06:49 PM
  #9  
new guy
Thread Starter
 
bubblehead33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: a little sandbar on the East Coast of Canada
Posts: 136
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Didn't make it in to see the dealer but I did pick up a Mothers clay bar kit and I'm gonna try it out next nice day we get.
bubblehead33 is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
TMurphy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 808
Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bubblehead33 View Post
Didn't make it in to see the dealer but I did pick up a Mothers clay bar kit and I'm gonna try it out next nice day we get.
Just make sure you put some wax on after you clay.
TMurphy11 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
bubblehead33 (04-28-2015)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Rough Paint


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: