Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 My Ford Touch Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 My Ford Touch Navigation

Hey guys, I am still new to the ford scene but I believe I have the my ford touch system without the navigation, I have the chip for the maps and everything because some guy that was working there threw it into my truck thinking it would work, do you guys know if there is a way to hack it so that it will work and if not is there a way to sell that map sd card or not really worth it? Thanks guys
Old 11-29-2014, 04:42 AM
Blackout

Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts

I imagine all it is, is a software upgrade (pretty sure MFT still has a GPS receiver regardless) but I don't think ford ever offered a post purchase nav upgrade.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I purchased my NAV card on ebay, much cheaper than the dealership.
Do you want to turn that SD card into $50-$60?
Old 11-29-2014, 07:31 AM
Blackout

You can have the card, but if the MFT is not formatted for it, it's useless.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:47 AM

so you purchased the card on ebay then what? were you able to get it to work? they said that the truck has to be installed with it in order for it to work, they tried to see if it was just a modual or however you spell that but that was not the case so i thought i would ask you guys
Old 11-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Blackout

His truck already has nav, he simply bought the update sd.
The following users liked this post:
norcalbb11 (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 03:12 AM

ahhh got ya, so basically all i could sell this sd card for is to previous models that just want to upgrade the maps is that correct?
Old 11-30-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry that I didn't fully explain, I already have NAV and simply changed out my A4 card for an A5 card(updated database).
Old 11-30-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Z
Sorry that I didn't fully explain, I already have NAV and simply changed out my A4 card for an A5 card(updated database).
I tried selling my A4 card on eBay when I bought the new A5 card, no one bought it. It seems people prefer the newest version if they are going to buy a new card online. I see them for sell all over but don't know if people are truly selling them. Mine went through auction process twice and didn't sell. It now just sits on my desk. I even tried to sell for $20.00 bucks and no one wanted it, BTW I have 300+ Ebay score of 100% so it wasn't like I was a risky seller.

As far as simply adding the SD card to non-nav based MFT it will not work. I also have a 2014 Ford Focus ST with MFT and tried this. There are modules all programmed for nav and I have not found a way to bypass this. I even purchased a wrecked focus MFT system that included all modules, screen, CD player and brain behind MFT, I even had the Vin# for the wrecked car thinking I can program my focus to trick it into using the replacement MFT system. I installed the new MFT system and it still recognized my cars VIN which is not programmed for nav and it didn't work, just stays in the "information" screen where nav should be.
I have also read countless forums trying to find if the dealer or someone can reprogram vehicle to accept nav but there seems to be no solution. Ford even says they can't do it unless the car was built with NAV. Even if I paid the MSRP for nav at $795.00, said it isn't possible and I believe this as I tried multiple ways to get nav in my focus with MFT.
I even went as far as registering the wrecked focus on my ford.owner site with my other vehicles. It registered and I downloaded all sync updates for the wrecked focus MFT system so I thought I had it fixed. I installed the complete system in my 2014 Focus ST and my cars PCM or something updated the VIN in the MFT which doesn't have nav so it wouldn't work.

Again, my Focus ST came with MFT but the nav screen just says "information". I also know they already have GPS antenna in non-nav systems as it feeds data to the compass which all models have even the non-nav. So its not a lacking of GPS antenna causing this, its very deep programming code somewhere that prevents anyone from adding nav to a non-nav system, even if you bought a brand new complete system direct from Ford w/nav.
Hope this helps.
Danny
The following 2 users liked this post by dannytexas:
bk117wrench (11-30-2014), norcalbb11 (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by dannytexas
I tried selling my A4 card on eBay when I bought the new A5 card, no one bought it. It seems people prefer the newest version if they are going to buy a new card online. I see them for sell all over but don't know if people are truly selling them. Mine went through auction process twice and didn't sell. It now just sits on my desk. I even tried to sell for $20.00 bucks and no one wanted it, BTW I have 300+ Ebay score of 100% so it wasn't like I was a risky seller.

As far as simply adding the SD card to non-nav based MFT it will not work. I also have a 2014 Ford Focus ST with MFT and tried this. There are modules all programmed for nav and I have not found a way to bypass this. I even purchased a wrecked focus MFT system that included all modules, screen, CD player and brain behind MFT, I even had the Vin# for the wrecked car thinking I can program my focus to trick it into using the replacement MFT system. I installed the new MFT system and it still recognized my cars VIN which is not programmed for nav and it didn't work, just stays in the "information" screen where nav should be.
I have also read countless forums trying to find if the dealer or someone can reprogram vehicle to accept nav but there seems to be no solution. Ford even says they can't do it unless the car was built with NAV. Even if I paid the MSRP for nav at $795.00, said it isn't possible and I believe this as I tried multiple ways to get nav in my focus with MFT.
I even went as far as registering the wrecked focus on my ford.owner site with my other vehicles. It registered and I downloaded all sync updates for the wrecked focus MFT system so I thought I had it fixed. I installed the complete system in my 2014 Focus ST and my cars PCM or something updated the VIN in the MFT which doesn't have nav so it wouldn't work.

Again, my Focus ST came with MFT but the nav screen just says "information". I also know they already have GPS antenna in non-nav systems as it feeds data to the compass which all models have even the non-nav. So its not a lacking of GPS antenna causing this, its very deep programming code somewhere that prevents anyone from adding nav to a non-nav system, even if you bought a brand new complete system direct from Ford w/nav.
Hope this helps.
Danny
Do you have a Ford IDS?

Quick Reply: 2014 My Ford Touch Navigation