Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 FX4 4-wheel drive issue

Old 10-13-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2014 FX4 4-wheel drive issue

I have 2014 F150 FX4 Ecoboost (only 27000kms) and I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had or is having the same issue as myself. I'm getting a low groan sound anytime the 4x4 is engaged, especially accelerating or anytime the driveline is under load, at times it almost sounds like a vacuum leak. The 4x4 has only even been used a handful of times this past winter.

I have had it into my dealership several times now and every time I get the truck back I'm reassured that the problem has been fixed.

The first time it was in they replaced the front actuators and hubs. I was told the problem was fixed.

The second time it was in they replaced the gears and bearings in the front differential. I was told the problem was fixed.

The third time it was in they replaced the entire transfer case they then kept the truck for longer, said they needed to order more parts, they then put new pilot bearing in. I was told the problem was fixed.

The fourth time it was in, I left it with them for over a week while I was away on vacation, they put the old transfer case in it, then put the new one back in, and then replaced BOTH TURBOs?!? I was once again told the problem is fixed. This time the noise is at least quieter but its still there.

Not only has this been frustrating but when I asked if the parts are being replaced out of trial and error/diagnostic guesses I was told that all these parts have actually failed...there's only 27000kms on the truck, what else is wrong with it. And furthermore I have $5000 in parts I've purchased (4" lift, 35" tires, intake, and TB) that I'll probably never put on because they will just get used and scapegoats for other issues, not including the current one which in my opinion still isn't fixed.

I do feel like I bought myself a $60000 lemon. I was even trying to give these trucks a second chance and buy another one. I asked if they could put me in a new one for around the same payment and the best "deal" for a comparable truck was almost $50 buck more biweekly (100 more a month)

Sorry for my rant. Anyone else having similar issues?
Old 10-13-2015, 10:07 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Take it to a different dealership?
Old 10-13-2015, 10:14 PM

I did talk to another dealership. They told me they don't like to take on a vehicle that has an issue, that another dealership has already done so much work on.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:38 AM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

have they done anything with the front driveshaft/u-joints?
Old 10-14-2015, 09:47 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckshot56
I did talk to another dealership. They told me they don't like to take on a vehicle that has an issue, that another dealership has already done so much work on.
Sounds like another crappy dealership.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by DavidKR
have they done anything with the front driveshaft/u-joints?
No, said there's no issues there.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:27 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckshot56
I have 2014 F150 FX4 Ecoboost (only 27000kms) and I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had or is having the same issue as myself. I'm getting a low groan sound anytime the 4x4 is engaged, especially accelerating or anytime the driveline is under load, at times it almost sounds like a vacuum leak. The 4x4 has only even been used a handful of times this past winter.

I have had it into my dealership several times now and every time I get the truck back I'm reassured that the problem has been fixed.

The first time it was in they replaced the front actuators and hubs. I was told the problem was fixed.

The second time it was in they replaced the gears and bearings in the front differential. I was told the problem was fixed.

The third time it was in they replaced the entire transfer case they then kept the truck for longer, said they needed to order more parts, they then put new pilot bearing in. I was told the problem was fixed.

The fourth time it was in, I left it with them for over a week while I was away on vacation, they put the old transfer case in it, then put the new one back in, and then replaced BOTH TURBOs?!? I was once again told the problem is fixed. This time the noise is at least quieter but its still there.

Not only has this been frustrating but when I asked if the parts are being replaced out of trial and error/diagnostic guesses I was told that all these parts have actually failed...there's only 27000kms on the truck, what else is wrong with it. And furthermore I have $5000 in parts I've purchased (4" lift, 35" tires, intake, and TB) that I'll probably never put on because they will just get used and scapegoats for other issues, not including the current one which in my opinion still isn't fixed.

I do feel like I bought myself a $60000 lemon. I was even trying to give these trucks a second chance and buy another one. I asked if they could put me in a new one for around the same payment and the best "deal" for a comparable truck was almost $50 buck more biweekly (100 more a month)

Sorry for my rant. Anyone else having similar issues?
Hi Buckshot56,

All these repairs, and still the same issue, that's disappointing to say the least. Perhaps I can help. You say you called another dealer and got the cold shoulder; maybe you can try someone else? You can find an alternative here: http://www.ford.ca/dealerships/locat...der-finddealer
In any case, I'll be happy to help by setting up a case, and getting your regional customer service manager involved. Please send me a private message with your VIN, full name, phone number, and servicing dealer. I'll see what resources are available to help.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 FX4 4-wheel drive issue