Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Ford F150 STX Mod Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2014 Ford F150 STX Mod Suggestions

Hey All,

I recently started changing my factory stock SuperCrew STX, and was looking for suggestions on brands, as well as places to start looking for parts. To be honest, this is my first time modding a vehicle, so I figured I'd come to you all for suggestions.

I recently purchased Black HALO Projection Headlights, and am looking for a pair of LED Black Tail Lights with Clear Lens.

I read a couple forum posts about Auto Light mods with the switches and sensors, but haven't had much luck finding the sensor, so was wondering if anyone here knew where I could find it.

I'm also looking into replacing the factory mirrors with Heated Mirrors with Turn Signal indicators, as it tends to snow a lot where I am.

Lastly, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a decent all black grille or grille insert. I'd prefer having to cut out the original grill if possible, since I did look and saw there were bolts to remove the entire grill.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:17 AM

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Here is a link for the auto headlights. https://www.f150forum.com/f38/auto-h...ht-mod-123905/

Heated mirrors should be plug and play (I think, someone might know better than I) but you will need to add the new climate control module with the button (part number DL3Z19980F) and if the heated mirrors you have fold then you need the mirror switch (7L1Z17B676AA). You might need to run new wires for the folding to work if I remember right.

You should also look into adding the remote start. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161501215986?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) Easy install, have hardware store cut the key, you program they key yourself if you have two keys already, and have the computer updated when you have the headlights activated.
The following users liked this post:
vitafortis (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by gthrift
Here is a link for the auto headlights. https://www.f150forum.com/f38/auto-h...ht-mod-123905/

Heated mirrors should be plug and play (I think, someone might know better than I) but you will need to add the new climate control module with the button (part number DL3Z19980F) and if the heated mirrors you have fold then you need the mirror switch (7L1Z17B676AA). You might need to run new wires for the folding to work if I remember right.

You should also look into adding the remote start. (11 thru 14 F 150 Genuine Ford Remote Starter Kit Plug N Play Factory New | eBay) Easy install, have hardware store cut the key, you program they key yourself if you have two keys already, and have the computer updated when you have the headlights activated.
I appreciate the reply. I found the climate control unit before you posted, and it retails for ~$130 right now plus the $50 Core charge, so I'm trying to fill the cart at once before I buy everything.

I also found a similar remote start that just gives a new FOB to use instead of recutting a key. I may look into having the new key with the extra button as it's one less thing to carry.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:28 AM

There are a couple of OEM remote start options. That's the 100 level and the cheapest. The 200 level is a two way, long range remote start with a separate fob. Then there is the cell phone version that comes with the long range remote start and a cellular model. The cell phone version requires the perimeter alarm to be added as well and the 200 level might.

There is also an aftermarket version I've been seeing discussed on this forum that is plug and play and only requires hitting the lock button 3 times and no programming at the dealership. But if you're already going, then I'd go the OEM route. Plus I have the habit of hitting the lock button a lot to make sure.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:33 AM

There are a couple of OEM remote start options. That's the 100 level and the cheapest. The 200 level is a two way, long range remote start with a separate fob. Then there is the cell phone version that comes with the long range remote start and a cellular model. The cell phone version requires the perimeter alarm to be added as well and the 200 level might.

There is also an aftermarket version I've been seeing discussed on this forum that is plug and play and only requires hitting the lock button 3 times and no programming at the dealership. But if you're already going, then I'd go the OEM route. Plus I have the habit of hitting the lock button a lot to make sure.
After having a few mishaps with forgetting to lock my truck, I tend to hit it at least two to three times, so I'd have to agree with you there. I definitely appreciate the help. I believe it was the 200 level that I found online at Tascaparts, it mentioned a 1,000 yd range.

http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/f-150...ge-plug-n-play
Old 12-04-2015, 07:07 AM

Does anyone happen to know of Full Grille Replacements I can get for the STX Sport 4x4 Factory Grille? It seems cheap and boring looking to me, so I'd like to replace it.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Do you happen to know the name of the company that makes the plug and play remote start
Old 12-04-2015, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the grill with the 6 bars in them, I will buy yours of you if you upgrade. Email me at keithmcelhinney@hotmail.com if you are interested.

-Keith
Old 12-04-2015, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Neptunescab
Do you happen to know the name of the company that makes the plug and play remote start
Here is the tread on it.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/instal...evable-316634/
The following users liked this post:
Neptunescab (12-04-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 11:19 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The kit is no good for the 09 models

Quick Reply: 2014 Ford F150 STX Mod Suggestions