Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 F150 replacement Key

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 11:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default 2014 F150 replacement Key

Hello everyone,
I purchased the remote starter addon from Ford and had the keys cut by a locksmith. The Ford dealership unblock the remote starter feature and everything was working great. Anyway, I now have 2 original keys that came with the truck with no remote start and 2 keys with remote start button which came with the module. One of the FOB's wound up in the the wash and is no longer working. It key does start the truck, but the buttons no longer work. I tried changing the battery and still not working. I read a few threads concerning replacement key programming and was a bit confused because I have 2 original keys and 1 working key with remote start button and it says to use the original keys to program the new key. Do I have to use the original keys to put the truck into programming mode? I don't want to erase the programming of the remote start key.

Thank you!
Old 07-13-2019, 01:04 AM

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

All you need are 2 different keys, that are not cloned.
The one hitch you may have is you can only have 4 remotes.
I don't know what will happen if you try to program a 5th keyhead remote.

I have a similar situation.
2 non remote start keys that came with the truck, 2 RS keys.
I am considering getting 2 more RS keys, but then what to to with the 2 mom RS keys....
Old 07-13-2019, 02:16 AM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Fire.

If you use Forscan to program you can do whatever you want.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:52 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by N3UP
All you need are 2 different keys, that are not cloned.
The one hitch you may have is you can only have 4 remotes.
I don't know what will happen if you try to program a 5th keyhead remote.

I have a similar situation.
2 non remote start keys that came with the truck, 2 RS keys.
I am considering getting 2 more RS keys, but then what to to with the 2 mom RS keys....
The limit is 8.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been wondering about keys myself. I have both original keys with factory remote start....One keys buttons don't work anymore. So, I assume I can buy a new factory replacement and have it programmed? Anyone know how much that may cost?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2019, 12:48 AM

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by RLXXI
The limit is 8.
8 keys total.
Only 4 can be IKTs (remotes)
The other 4 would be plain non remote keys.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:46 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by N3UP
8 keys total.
Only 4 can be IKTs (remotes)
The other 4 would be plain non remote keys.
Had to look that up but you're right. I thought 8 keys covered the 8 fobs built into them. Strange.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to open an old thread.
I finally managed to buy 2 refurbished factory keys with 4 buttons. Since one of the keys no longer worked, i wanted to remove it for the pool of keys in the system. I erased all the keys with Forscan and programmed 4 keys(1 that came with the remote starter, 2 4 button refurbished and 1 factory original). The key that came with the remote starter works perfectly and starts the truck. The other 2 4 button keys with remote start open and close the doors but the remote start does not work. The factory key works as it originally did with the 3 buttons. My question is, since the first 4 button keys starts the truck, should the 2 refurbished keys work too? Did I miss a step in Forscan?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2022, 10:55 AM

Received 2,210 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante1
I finally managed to buy 2 refurbished factory keys with 4 buttons. Since one of the keys no longer worked, i wanted to remove it for the pool of keys in the system. I erased all the keys with Forscan and programmed 4 keys(1 that came with the remote starter, 2 4 button refurbished and 1 factory original). The key that came with the remote starter works perfectly and starts the truck. The other 2 4 button keys with remote start open and close the doors but the remote start does not work. The factory key works as it originally did with the 3 buttons. My question is, since the first 4 button keys starts the truck, should the 2 refurbished keys work too? Did I miss a step in Forscan?

Thanks
Do the numbers match? Remote FCC numbers and model number?
Old 05-01-2022, 12:02 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante1

Thanks
There are two types of programming that you need to do. First, you program the keys to work with the truck, i.e. physically start the vehicle when you put the key in the ignition. Second, you program the buttons on the key.

It sounds like you bought 2 factory keys that you're able to lock and unlock (not open and close) the doors with the buttons on them, but the remote start button, using the proper sequence of pushes, doesn't work on either key. Given that the buttons on those keys lock and unlock, then you've bought keys that aren't compatible with the remote start it sounds like.

I have the factory remote start (added on). I used it cellularly for years, then when that service was terminated due to 3G phaseout, I bought 4 button keys, on Ebay, from Remotez4less. R4L108 number.

Quick Reply: 2014 F150 replacement Key