Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 XLT Halogen headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 XLT Halogen headlights

OK I find everywhere how people love the cutoff line with their headlights. HIDs are awesome. I don't even have HIDs. I have stock headlights. I hate it. I really do. I live in the country with a lot of deer and hills and I feel like I am driving blindfolded. I hunt and go to work in the dark so this is very important to me. Is there a headlight available without this cutoff line? Or a mod I can do to raise up my sight line sufficiently? I have tried adjusting my lights up with the gear adjuster but it has little to no effect.

I LOVE my truck but it really is driving me insane.

Thanks
Todd
Old 04-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts

HIDs require the "cutoff" line so that light isn't being thrown in people's eyes. If you don't like the look of HIDs, I would suggest upgrading the halogen bulb. Silverstar Ultras or I think PIAA makes some decent ones.

For what it's worth, the stock '13 OEM HIDs don't really have a all that well of a defined cutoff line if that's what you are worried about. There is no beating a good projector HID setup for lighting, though.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:26 PM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by tmoneynow
OK I find everywhere how people love the cutoff line with their headlights. HIDs are awesome. I don't even have HIDs. I have stock headlights. I hate it. I really do. I live in the country with a lot of deer and hills and I feel like I am driving blindfolded. I hunt and go to work in the dark so this is very important to me. Is there a headlight available without this cutoff line? Or a mod I can do to raise up my sight line sufficiently? I have tried adjusting my lights up with the gear adjuster but it has little to no effect.

Thanks
Todd
I put some projection HID's in my 2013 XLT. Love the cut-off, OEM stock halogen is pretty bad.

There are some better output halogen bulbs available hopefully someone who uses them can come along an point you in the right direction.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:24 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Get an LED light bar or cubes to replace fog lights, throws tons of light.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have upgraded the bulbs to
Sylvania H13 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb"><span style=Sylvania H13 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb" /> Sylvania H13 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb">Sylvania H13 SZ SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb
. It is better than what it was but still cannot get over only being able to see about 50 to 75 in front of me on low beams.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:27 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Get some oem hid's or as already suggested, a light bar.

I bit the bullet for oem hid's and can tell you they are worth every single penny and then some.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tmoneynow

Thanks
Todd
I had a similar problem with the oe headlights (didn't want hid) first thing was getting them adjusted up, added a 17" led light bar in the bumper opening, then Phillips extreme power bulbs for the headlights
(they helped with traffic around), wanted more light off road and on back roads and added a 30" bar behind the grille, the light bars are in spot pattern and still light the tree tops up. This combo is working for me.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 PM

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

That video is horrible. Looks fake as he'll. bad video enhancement line.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:11 AM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by yamahatim
That video is horrible. Looks fake as he'll. bad video enhancement line.
LoL, what could I possibly gain by making a fake "enhanced" video line? Christ I wouldn't even know how to make a fake video or even be arsed spending the time figuring out. I'm sure the vendor on this site who built my custom HID retrofits will be flattered when I point out this post that his work is "unbelievable".

Sounds like someone is butthurt who bought a crappy ebay kit or is in denial and thinks halogen lighting is good.

Last edited by Azuri; 04-10-2014 at 01:09 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Azuri:
arent_we_sarcastic (04-20-2014), Jimaa66 (04-19-2014), KILOFINAL (04-10-2014), MGD (04-10-2014), RES4CUE (04-19-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:44 AM

Received 183 Likes on 112 Posts

Get a lightbar from Ridgid.

Quick Reply: 2013 XLT Halogen headlights