Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 v8 transmission

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 v8 transmission

with only 88,000 kms, my transmission is acting up
About 3 weeks ago I had pulled up to a stop light behind one car, after he pulled away I attempted to pull up to the line and the truck revved to 3,000RPM and was barely moving. I then stopped at the line and took off, again with what I thought was slippage in the trans but I didn't have time to look at the gear indicator to see what gear I was in. It never happened again, I am not sure the RPM's would go up to 3k if starting out in 5th gear. I would think that the truck would bog, or barely rev in that situation. Oddly enough, before I took it to the dealer, I no longer have a gear indicator on my instrument cluster. Its just gone?
My truck is doing this and it's becoming a regular problem.
I got the recall which pertains to the downshift into first gear at highway speeds so I took it into the dealer to have the computer re-flashed but it didnt fix my problem
Guess it's time to trade it in.
FYI, I've never used this truck to tow anything.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

the truck would have bogged down and died if you took off in 5th
Old 03-21-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

Any transmission codes?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:42 AM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by david bradley
with only 88,000 kms, my transmission is acting up
About 3 weeks ago I had pulled up to a stop light behind one car, after he pulled away I attempted to pull up to the line and the truck revved to 3,000RPM and was barely moving. I then stopped at the line and took off, again with what I thought was slippage in the trans but I didn't have time to look at the gear indicator to see what gear I was in. It never happened again, I am not sure the RPM's would go up to 3k if starting out in 5th gear. I would think that the truck would bog, or barely rev in that situation. Oddly enough, before I took it to the dealer, I no longer have a gear indicator on my instrument cluster. Its just gone?
My truck is doing this and it's becoming a regular problem.
I got the recall which pertains to the downshift into first gear at highway speeds so I took it into the dealer to have the computer re-flashed but it didnt fix my problem
Guess it's time to trade it in.
FYI, I've never used this truck to tow anything.
Sounds like an issue with the OSS in the leadframe. The recall should have fixed the issue.
I had an issue with it starting in 5th plus the highway speed downshifts, replaced the leadframe and no more issues. This was before the recall came out.

The gear indicator disappears after a re-flash, press the + on the shiftier while in drive and it will return.

Originally Posted by DarrinT04
the truck would have bogged down and died if you took off in 5th
Mine would start in 5th gear all the time when the leadframe was going bad. Would require a lot of throttle to start moving, and after a few seconds it would shift back into 1st and take off.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

06screwlariat did you get the lead frame fixed?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:21 AM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by DarrinT04
06screwlariat did you get the lead frame fixed?
Yes - had it replaced. This was before the recall and they we're replacing them instead of the software update. Have a CPO warranty so it was just the $100 deductible.

Quick Reply: 2013 v8 transmission