Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Fx4 stereo thump

Old 04-05-2017, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Fx4 stereo thump

Hey guys, so I installed 2 12" subs a few years ago, and finally looking to fix an issue I've had since day one. I get a crazy amount of noise through my subs, from door locks, seat heaters, abs, traction control etc. the worst one is when I first start driving, after have the ignition off, when I hit 2nd gear I get 7 loud thumps. It happens every single time, but only the first time after starting the truck.
I have the factory sub wires, running to the high level inputs on my new amp, and a remote bass control **** in the console, as well as a turn off switch.
My first thought was that the high level inputs are getting too much current, but not sure. I am probably re wiring the high level to the rear speakers soon, as I miss some of the frequencies the way it is now (I'm assuming because the factory sub was an 8"?)
Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Velix
Hey guys, so I installed 2 12" subs a few years ago, and finally looking to fix an issue I've had since day one. I get a crazy amount of noise through my subs, from door locks, seat heaters, abs, traction control etc. the worst one is when I first start driving, after have the ignition off, when I hit 2nd gear I get 7 loud thumps. It happens every single time, but only the first time after starting the truck.
I have the factory sub wires, running to the high level inputs on my new amp, and a remote bass control **** in the console, as well as a turn off switch.
My first thought was that the high level inputs are getting too much current, but not sure. I am probably re wiring the high level to the rear speakers soon, as I miss some of the frequencies the way it is now (I'm assuming because the factory sub was an 8"?)
Any help would be appreciated!!
Try posting your question on this link Better chance of getting a swift answer.
The following users liked this post:
Velix (04-05-2017)

Search this Thread