Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Ford F-150 Facatory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:09 PM
PLATINUM

Received 241 Likes on 144 Posts

Default 2013 Ford F-150 Facatory Alarm

So second time in 4 months I have flown back from Puerto Rico with a dead battery, due to my alarm being triggered. I don't know if it's aircraft noise or someone actually attempting to get into my pickup, but is there a way to disable it when I leave aside from disconnecting the battery every time I leave for any extended and park it?
Old 03-18-2018, 01:01 AM

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,649 Posts

From what I understand the only way it will go off is if a door is opened or some form of messing around with wiring...I'd say theres a defect with your alarm.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:25 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Do you have the VSS? It can be disabled each time.

To Disable the Shock Sensor:
1. Turn the ignition key off and remove key.
2. Open the drivers's door.
3. Depress and hold the brake pedal.
4. Within 5 seconds press the lock button one time on your RKE keyfob.

The horn will honk two (2) times and the security LED (optional) will illuminate for 20 seconds, after which the security system will arm with the shock sensor disabled. The shock sensor will remain disabled until the vehicle ignition is cycled ON then OFF.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:35 AM
PLATINUM

Received 241 Likes on 144 Posts

I don't assume it to be a defect, as I can have the truck at home without an issue. As I mentioned it's most likely someone trying to get into the truck or someone messing with the keypad on the driver door. It is what it is, at this point is prefer to have a battery when I return out of state, and not get off the plane and hear a horn honking...
Old 03-18-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by dykzeulb
I don't assume it to be a defect, as I can have the truck at home without an issue. As I mentioned it's most likely someone trying to get into the truck or someone messing with the keypad on the driver door. It is what it is, at this point is prefer to have a battery when I return out of state, and not get off the plane and hear a horn honking...
Get a battery tender of some type for when your truck won't be used over extended periods. I use a solar 2W tender. Works great. https://www.pulsetech.net/store/sola...tainer-2w.html

If you don't park where the sun shines they have other type that you plug in to an outlet.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Originally Posted by dykzeulb
Didn't answer my question. You asked if planes can set off the alarm. Yes, if you have a VSS.

My truck alarm never goes off unless we're at our cottage, where it's parked sometimes on the driveway within 30 feet of the road. If a group of motorcycles goes by, it goes off. So I simply either disable the VSS per the instructions, or I just lock the truck with the door switch (instead of the remote or my Remote Start app). That does NOT arm the VSS, but the normal built-in alarm if someone breaks in still works.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

IIRC, even when using the external keypad or the door lock button on the door, it will re-arm the VSS shock sensor. you can adjust its sensitivity if you know where it is. there is a little **** on it. Otherwise, you can disable as posted above but I dont know if that works.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:07 PM
Is it Friday Yet?

Received 580 Likes on 440 Posts

I take it you are parking it at the airport while you are away, so no access to an outlet for a trickle charger.

My Shock Sensor arms even if you lock the door from the inside. The only way to disable the motion sensor is to follow the instructions posted by Ricktwuhk above, or by turning the sensitivity off completely using the **** on the VSS unit itself.

The other option is to use the solar panel trickle charger that Rnlcomp has on his truck, but that means that you have to park the truck in a sunny location.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ford F-150 Facatory Alarm