Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 SCAB-Anyone else having problems with remote lock/unlock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2012 SCAB-Anyone else having problems with remote lock/unlock?

I believe I have done the proper search to see if this has been addressed. My bad if it's a repeat.

I have had my 2012 SCAB for a full year now and very happy with it. But I am having an issue with the key mounted remote lock/unlock buttons. At times there seems to be a delay or they don't work at all. I have checked the battery several times(battery is fine) and called my dealer about reprogramming. They said they didn't know what it could be, and asked about my "master" key and if I had set that up. I used the MyKey functions when I bought the truck to program the second key, so I don't think there is an issue there. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBOUTSIDEKC
I believe I have done the proper search to see if this has been addressed. My bad if it's a repeat.

I have had my 2012 SCAB for a full year now and very happy with it. But I am having an issue with the key mounted remote lock/unlock buttons. At times there seems to be a delay or they don't work at all. I have checked the battery several times(battery is fine) and called my dealer about reprogramming. They said they didn't know what it could be, and asked about my "master" key and if I had set that up. I used the MyKey functions when I bought the truck to program the second key, so I don't think there is an issue there. Anyone else having this problem?
I have a 2013 and have noticed the same. I see this with both keys and one of those is hardly used. Currently i am on the road with it on a long trip. Neither will work consistently. This evening not a delay, just nothing. Oddly I can start the truck, shut it off, get out and close the door, it will work once. The second press should honk the horn, but nothing. It will probably work in the morning, lol. This looks like my first issue resulting in a trip to the dealer since getting the truck in January. Otherwise it has been good. I got 21.3 mpg from NC to OH, through mountains, over 500 miles this week, and the trip computer average was fairly accurate.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had same problem but I have a 2012 screw 5.0
Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been having the exact same problem with my truck. I plan on swapping key fobs next week with my spare.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:39 AM

Received 59 Likes on 54 Posts

I have the same problem with my 12 SCrew. End up having to use the keypad on the door most of the time.

Wes
Old 07-21-2013, 10:50 AM

Received 261 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Nissankidd
I have been having the exact same problem with my truck. I plan on swapping key fobs next week with my spare.
I swapped keys already, and my spare only lasted a week before it started doing the same thing. I haven't tried changing batteries yet, but being that the truck is only 7 months old, I don't think that would be the problem.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 102 Likes on 93 Posts

Mine did it then stopped and works better if i press the button softly vs hard with my thumb
Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

UPDATE: After doing some research and checking things further, I have all buttons on my keys and not a fob and I have the Master/Slave key situation as well. I swapped the batteries from my slave key and cleaned the contacts and my problem has mostly fixed itself. So much so that I went and bought new batteries and put them in the Master Key.

Service Tech at my dealer said the batteries should last longer, but the way my keys are set up since they aren't fobs. leaves them more open to buttons being pushed while my keys are in my pocket and so on. I do see some of his point, but not all. But the days of old and pushing the buttons extra hard or being right next to the truck are definitely gone.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:58 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

No problems with locking'/unlocking yet but the remote start has become finicky and does not work all the time. (factory remote start)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that problem today in my 2012 F/X4. It also happened three weeks ago while on the road. My wife had the spare and it worked then I bought a new battery which fixed the problem right away. Now it acts as if it's dead already. Of course i can use the key to open the door or the push buttons but I don't understand the problem with the remote. They're too expensive to replace.

Quick Reply: 2012 SCAB-Anyone else having problems with remote lock/unlock?