Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 06:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2012 Raptor?

So a raptor came up on my local market, 2012 fully loaded, everything but the graphics package...... she has 49,900 miles on her, I went and kicked the tires it is clean.....got them down to 36000 out the door...my question is, is it worth it?
Old 01-08-2019, 06:49 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

raptors seem to hold there value really well. sounds a little pricey for the year, unless it has TONS of mods done too it.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:54 PM
FORD lifer

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

Tell us about the truck you have now.

Like it? Keeping it? Trading it on the Raptor?

And how much do you like the Raptor? Does it make you feel good just to look at it?

And how are you going to drive it?

Tough call from out here
Old 01-08-2019, 07:12 PM

just a hard for bed cover...... aftermarket wheels thats about all
Old 01-08-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by montanaman
Tell us about the truck you have now.

Like it? Keeping it? Trading it on the Raptor?

And how much do you like the Raptor? Does it make you feel good just to look at it?

And how are you going to drive it?

Tough call from out here
Welp mines a 2011 5.0 91207 on the clock, 6 inch bds lift 37 km2's s&b intake 5 star tunes custom exhaust, headlights and fogs done up..... probably trade her in... maybe...as far as driving, some fire trail bashing. I have a POS i take to work so she would sit in the garage. I've always loved the raptors, don't need it, just like em
Old 01-08-2019, 11:18 PM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

I was in the same boat 6 months ago. Lifted 2012 with 35’s and a 5.0 tons of time money and effort put into it and a raptor came up that I couldn’t resist. Ultimately its what I’ve always wanted. I looked for a raptor for years and every time I went to pull the trigger I backed out because I liked my truck. Well I did it eventually I found a 2012 Roush supercharged raptor that was stock. I knew it would be a long road to get where I wanted it and get it how wanted it to look. My wife being as awesome as she is knew I was upset the first day I got it because I missed mine so much. I really did. She said just get some wheels for it and it’ll make me feel better that it isn’t stock anymore. Lol. I work in the wheel and tire business so next day I put a set of wheels on. Made me a feel a little bit better. Fast forward to now and after wheels, 37’s, new shocks and struts, a custom chase rack, and some other mods....I couldn’t be happier. As hard as it was to let my other one go I absolutely love this thing and wouldn’t go back. They do hold their value very well and I get compliments all the time on how bad *** it is. So my opinion if you want to start over again and it’s what you’ve wanted go for it. I promise you won’t regret it.

Last edited by Chris20; 01-08-2019 at 11:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Spectragod (01-11-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chris20
I was in the same boat 6 months ago. Lifted 2012 with 35’s and a 5.0 tons of time money and effort put into it and a raptor came up that I couldn’t resist. Ultimately its what I’ve always wanted. I looked for a raptor for years and every time I went to pull the trigger I backed out because I liked my truck. Well I did it eventually I found a 2012 Roush supercharged raptor that was stock. I knew it would be a long road to get where I wanted it and get it how wanted it to look. My wife being as awesome as she is knew I was upset the first day I got it because I missed mine so much. I really did. She said just get some wheels for it and it’ll make me feel better that it isn’t stock anymore. Lol. I work in the wheel and tire business so next day I put a set of wheels on. Made me a feel a little bit better. Fast forward to now and after wheels, 37’s, new shocks and struts, a custom chase rack, and some other mods....I couldn’t be happier. As hard as it was to let my other one go I absolutely love this thing and wouldn’t go back. They do hold their value very well and I get compliments all the time on how bad *** it is. So my opinion if you want to start over again and it’s what you’ve wanted go for it. I promise you won’t regret it.

That is a very sharp looking truck! thanks for the reply. what year is she?
Old 01-09-2019, 08:57 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

that truck looks mean chris
Old 01-09-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts

That's a good price. Not sure if you know or not, but the 13-14 models had numerous improvements over the 10-12 models. Stronger axles, frame, front camera, front torsion diff, HID headlamps, MFT dash, etc. Lots of guys think the 10-14s are all the same, but they are not.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric M
That's a good price. Not sure if you know or not, but the 13-14 models had numerous improvements over the 10-12 models. Stronger axles, frame, front camera, front torsion diff, HID headlamps, MFT dash, etc. Lots of guys think the 10-14s are all the same, but they are not.

You are correct on most. Depends on what option you got. I wanted all the bells and whistles like navigation, hid lights, etc so I searched a while. My 2012 has both cameras, embroidered seats, hids, navigation, heated seats etc. Every 2011 I looked at had none of that and obviously with the 2010 only being a scab and most having a 5.4l I skipped right over any of those I found. They are out there just keep looking. There’s a beautiful ruby red for sale by me right now. Don’t know where you are located.

Quick Reply: 2012 Raptor?