Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 f150 trans slip , bang.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2012 f150 trans slip , bang.

So I purchased a 2012 Ford F150 super crew automatic 4x4 in November 2012 from my local dealer. After approximately two weeks I notice that if I stop and shut off truck, upon restart and put in drive, truck slips ( I apply steady pressure to gas pedal and the rpm's increase on tach but truck doesnt move) also at this time the odometer numbers disappear and wrench light comes on and airbag light comes on. Take it back to dealer and they test drive it and nothing happens and they say,:we cant do anything unless the check engine light is on." So I continue driving (3 miles one way to work per day) and occasional 12 miles to supermarket). The same problem stated above continues for weeks (when truck is cold, when truck is warm, short trips and long trips. The other day Itried pulling out to leave gas station and same problem with loud bang and vibration under truck, no power check engine light on. Pull over shut truck off, visual inspect transmission restart and drives very slowly. Call dealer, they come and get it. The TSB is number 13-2-3 see attched pic of the dealer bill. Hope this helps anyone in need.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 f150 trans slip , bang.-ford.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2012 f150 trans slip , bang.