Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 f150 remote start problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 f150 remote start problems

I bought the antenna from tasca and a cheap key from ebay. I turned everything on with forscan and everything works in the ipc. Problem is the key that i bought will start the truck just by pressing the x2 button once. Pressing it one time locks the door,honks the horn and starts the truck. Pressing the x2 button to kill it just flashes the lights and locks the door. I have two factory keys without remote start and the cheap key with remote start. Is this a problem with the knock off key? I had to program the buttons by doing the ignition cycle 8 times and i pressed a button on all 3 keys i have. This is the factory stuff that is all plug and play.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebelcowboy50
I bought the antenna from tasca and a cheap key from ebay. I turned everything on with forscan and everything works in the ipc. Problem is the key that i bought will start the truck just by pressing the x2 button once. Pressing it one time locks the door,honks the horn and starts the truck. Pressing the x2 button to kill it just flashes the lights and locks the door. I have two factory keys without remote start and the cheap key with remote start. Is this a problem with the knock off key? I had to program the buttons by doing the ignition cycle 8 times and i pressed a button on all 3 keys i have. This is the factory stuff that is all plug and play.
Those cheap keys are known to be problematic at best.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im gonna buy a real ford key and hopefully the problem will go qway. I figured I wasn't the only one that had this problem, so i figured i would see what opinions were.

Quick Reply: 2012 f150 remote start problems