Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 F150 Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 F150 Ecoboost

My truck build will be completed tomorrow! Can't wait. I ordered it a month ago. But I have a question for those of you that had to build and wait for your truck, how long did it take for you to get behind the wheel AFTER the truck was done being built? Im from the IL area. Just want to get an eta on my ride..Any help would be appreciated. Getting a little impatient!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 AM

Two and a half weeks or so, but it seems like it sat in a yard for almost a week of that.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Mine was 3 months to the day but I am on the West coast and there was a brief rail strike in Canada too. I ordered it on Mar. 24 and it was built May 1st.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

From Kansas City to Central Texas, 3 weeks.... and they have no reliable way of knowing wtf it is during that time.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My truck was built June 4th and left Dearborn the next day. My salesman checked the status a couple days after it left the factory and she received tracking info (just like FedEx) stating the exact location along the train route. To Southern Califorina the tracking showed arrival 10 days later, which was spot on and it arrived at my dealership the day after it arrived at the rail yard. I took delivery the next day, June 19th.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:49 PM

Lucky, mine sat on a rail car in Dearborn for well over a month. But now I get the employee discount.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 PM

*UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE*

I am so mad right now, my truck just came in today, everything was just the way I wanted it. I had the FX4 Appearance package, Luxury pack, Tow pack, 3.73 rear end, 6.5ft bed opt. Black paint, and all the other things, but they FORGOT to put in the Sony Navigation system in it. And the damn truck is at the dealership right now. Feels weird, could have it home now but its not done the way I want it. When i want something done, i want what I want on the truck. I need the navigation because I go alot of places where I don't know where I'm going for work. This really did a number on me this morning. I had to WAIT a month for the build, and now I have to wait ANOTHER month because they said they had to "build another from scratch." Bad day for me, but on the bright side I got my Motorcycle license today, went to the DMV and never read the book, passed first try and got only two questions wrong. But the truck..ahhhh
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Oblivious Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That really sucks. Who forgot to add the Nav to the build? The dealer did not order? I am a little po'ed myself because for the past 2 weeks the sales rep has been telling me my truck was going to be built on June 25. This morning I finally was able to get the Window sticker and the build date is listed as July 9! I emailed the rep but have yet to here.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 AM

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by kbmotocross505
*UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE*

I am so mad right now, my truck just came in today, everything was just the way I wanted it. I had the FX4 Appearance package, Luxury pack, Tow pack, 3.73 rear end, 6.5ft bed opt. Black paint, and all the other things, but they FORGOT to put in the Sony Navigation system in it. And the damn truck is at the dealership right now. Feels weird, could have it home now but its not done the way I want it. When i want something done, i want what I want on the truck. I need the navigation because I go alot of places where I don't know where I'm going for work. This really did a number on me this morning. I had to WAIT a month for the build, and now I have to wait ANOTHER month because they said they had to "build another from scratch." Bad day for me, but on the bright side I got my Motorcycle license today, went to the DMV and never read the book, passed first try and got only two questions wrong. But the truck..ahhhh
Ouch, that would suck big time. Glad to hear you'll still get your truck, just to bad you gotta wait another month.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Did you check out aftermarket?

Originally Posted by kbmotocross505
*UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE*

Like you, I wanted what I wanted. But the price of the built in was Ks more than to install aftermarket. Got a Pioneer setup with back-up camera and better speakers and it looks great and works fine. I have an FX4 Scab with max tow and mirrors. The price was about 1/2 what it would have cost me to upgrade the package and then pay for the NAV. And the trade off would be no max tow.

Quick Reply: 2012 F150 Ecoboost