Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 vs 2012 Lariat Pale Adobe Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2011 vs 2012 Lariat Pale Adobe Interior

Am almost on the verge of buying a new 2011 Lariat sight unseen (out of town dealer is getting it from someone else - I'm not buying locally). Despite the overwhelming cost savings (about 7 grand under MSRP), and this may seem trivial, I really seem to prefer the faux wood trim on the 2012's lots more than on the 2011's.

I know it's all subjective and a matter of personal taste. Looking at high-res pictures of the 2011 interior, it appears much of the trim (doors for one thing) of the pale adobe seems much lighter in color than the 2012.

I'm way over thinking this thing. I want to make a decision today or tonight, so I can make the two hour drive tomorrow to consummate the deal. Otherwise, I'll spend all weekend stressing over it, worrying that the 2011 will be gone.

There IS a question in here somewhere. Other than the color of the faux wood, are the 2011 and 2012 interiors essentially the same?

I suppose if it's all basically the same, other than the wood color, I can live with it, expecially with the huge discounts/rebates. But I do plan on keeping this truck until I'm buried. Would hate to end up regretting it.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think other than the heat/radio control ***** being slightly different, the addition of the "auto awd" option and the fake wood color being darker they're pretty much the same.

Personally I like my blonde fake wood trim with the adobe interior better than the 2012 dark wood.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by BillK
Personally I like my blonde fake wood trim with the adobe interior better than the 2012 dark wood.
Thanks! That's encouraging!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the pale adobe interior and I didn't care for it that much at first either, but I got a good deal on the truck, it had everything else I wanted/needed so I got it. It has now grown on me and I don't think it is that bad. Second, if you ever want you could change all those wood grain pieces out for a darker color, they sell those kits all over. All in all, I am happy with it!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem - hope you make a decision you're happy with. Not to further confuse you - but keep in mind the resale on the 2011 vs. the 2012 is gonna be a big difference as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Looking at JUST the fake wood coloring on the 12 vs. 11 - I also prefer the dark - but for me when it's coupled with the Adobe leather and the silver accents all over the rest of the interior the dark just looks out of place. Almost like it was an aftertought - while the blonde 2011 color just blends in better to my eye.

Almost everyone that's been in my truck has mentioned how "pretty" the interior looks and how nice the light trim looks.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 PM

Almost everyone that's been in my truck has mentioned how "pretty" the interior looks and how nice the light trim looks.
I LOL'd at your reference to "pretty". I'm pretty **** about keeping my XLT clean, and all these big 'ole southern boys always come up and remark, "man, that thar's a purty truck".

The more I view different high-res pictures from other sites, the more I'm beginning to agree that the lighter color faux wood tends to blend in better.

That, or either I'm finally getting disgusted with my lack of indecisiveness and am about to go for it.

I understand about the loss of resale value, but as I mentioned, I'm keeping this until I'm buried ***-side up, and I really can't get over the huge discounts I'm getting for the 2011.

Which also brings me to a point I've long wondered about, and now that I'm in this position, makes me curious...."what is it about this particular truck (4x2 Screw) that's made it not sell by now???"

I have the VIN and stock number. Is there anyway of knowing how long it's been sitting on the lot without asking the question directly to the dealer?

Thanks again for the replies.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 374 Likes on 228 Posts

I like the lighter wood better too, but according to these forums over the past year I am in the minority. I'm hoping to get a Lariat later this year and while the new darker wood is fine, it looks like every other "wood" trim. The lighter wood is unique for auto trim.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Idiot Extraordinaire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Me too.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF Retired
Which also brings me to a point I've long wondered about, and now that I'm in this position, makes me curious...."what is it about this particular truck (4x2 Screw) that's made it not sell by now???"

I have the VIN and stock number. Is there anyway of knowing how long it's been sitting on the lot without asking the question directly to the dealer?

Thanks again for the replies.
IMO, how old the truck is can be an issue. For a 4x2 Lariat both 2011/2012 are basically the same truck and if the 2011 is a about Sep 1st or newer it has essentially most of the newer 2012 tweaks anyway. If that truck is getting to 6-7 months or older then I would pass on it. But that is just me. Many will not agree with that.

Also, where has the truck been? Has it been in flood area? Has it been sitting at a Gulf Coast dealer for 12 months.

I have seen a ton of so called "new" trucks with a lot of significant rust on them (not just surface rust). So the newer the better.

Along the bottom edge of the window sticker is an invoice date - typically withing a week of the actual build date.

At the drivers door sticker will be the actual build date.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also auto 4wd and electronic axle locking (elr) are the diff with 2011 if those matter to you. however, 2011 with axle 3.73 ratio comes with elr as well.

Quick Reply: 2011 vs 2012 Lariat Pale Adobe Interior