Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Sony w/ Nav: Sirius Unsubscribed

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 08:41 AM
2011 Harley Davidson AWD

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Default 2011 Sony w/ Nav: Sirius Unsubscribed

Just encountered this issue the other day. Got in my truck (2011 w/ Sony Nav) and the Sirius screen said something like updating channels. Then it said channel unsubscribed and no Sirius channels would work. I called Sirius and they tried to send a refresh signal several times to no avail. Tech support finally said there must be something wrong with your satellite module and to take it to the dealer. After I hung up I checked my Sirius travel link to see if that still worked. It does. So how can I still be getting travel link but no music? Doesn't seem like there could be anything wrong on my end, does it? Anyone else had a similar issue? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 223 Likes on 153 Posts

pull the sync fuse and reset the system
Old 01-12-2015, 10:38 AM
2011 Harley Davidson AWD

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Disconnected the battery. No change. How do you reset the system?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

I had that happen one time with a friends vehicle. Here is what ultimately worked for him and might be worth a shot. I know the person on the phone claims they sent a refresh, but they may not have done it correctly.

1. Turn bluetooth OFF on the truck completely.
2. Find your ESN for your truck so you know the identifier that ties it to Sirius.
3. Leave the truck running and on a screen where it says no channels available or what ever the message is.
4. Go to http://www.siriusxm.com/refresh and type in that ESN.
5. Don't touch any button or anything on the truck and just leave it running with that screen on from #3.

I've had to do this on mine when reactivating my subscription and when a friend ran into a similar problem as yours. If that doesn't work, then it may be time to check w/ the dealer and what your options are there.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:16 PM
2018 Lariat 4x4

Received 91 Likes on 70 Posts

Yes, have had the same problem for about a week now. All the other radio functions work except that I can't dial to the activation station (though I can scroll through the presets).

I thought it may be my Lockpick, but messing with that had no effect. Pulled the fuses, tried reactivation, called Sirius, got the same thing: "Must be the head unit. You should call the dealer."

You had any luck?
Originally Posted by AndrewM
Just encountered this issue the other day. Got in my truck (2011 w/ Sony Nav) and the Sirius screen said something like updating channels. Then it said channel unsubscribed and no Sirius channels would work. I called Sirius and they tried to send a refresh signal several times to no avail. Tech support finally said there must be something wrong with your satellite module and to take it to the dealer. After I hung up I checked my Sirius travel link to see if that still worked. It does. So how can I still be getting travel link but no music? Doesn't seem like there could be anything wrong on my end, does it? Anyone else had a similar issue? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 PM
2018 Lariat 4x4

Received 91 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Solved...

Disconnected the battery, went in and had a sandwich, came back and hooked it up again. Works. Magic.

Quick Reply: 2011 Sony w/ Nav: Sirius Unsubscribed