Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Passanger Side Mirror -- Accident.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
NC Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2011 Passanger Side Mirror -- Accident.

Had another mirror contact my mirror on the road today. My mirror took the grunt end of it.

I have heated/power-folding/powered mirrors.

It looks like I am going to be spending around 400 bucks (assuming I am looking at the correct mirror), and that is with me doing the labor. Does that sound about right? I am going off what I see here, http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocato...layCatalogid=2

Mirror glass Right - Power, w/heat, w/power fold, w/o trailer tow - Power, w/heat, w/power fold, w/o trailer tow
11-12 $52.62 $34.73

Mirror glass Left - Power, w/heat, w/power fold, w/o trailer tow - Power, w/heat, w/power fold, w/o trailer tow
11-12 $322.58 $212.91
One mirror is 34 bucks, the other is 212.91...

Is the passenger side considered the "right", on Tasca's website? It seems like I might be replacing the Mirror, and portions of the motor.

Sorry for the poor quality... It seems like I need multiple parts...

I am guessing I need parts 3, and 8 (the motor), since bits of that came off.

Anybody with experience or can help would be much appreciated!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Passenger side is typically called the right side. I know it is confusing, and oftentimes people describe it incorrectly. You should picture your right and left as if you were sitting in the driver's seat like usual.

Regarding the mirror parts, what did you break? Just buy the parts you need. I am not really understanding your question there...
Old 11-29-2011, 08:39 PM
NC Member

Adam - It isn't clear to me if the mirror is the only broken part. Since the picture is poor quality, I cannot really depict all things broken. The white tabs broke (2 of them out of 4).

I wish the diagram had a rear picture of the mirror, so i could see how it mounts up.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
NC Member

Here is a picture of the inside... Also, it seems that Ford didn't change the design of their doors, and you have to remove the entire door garment to remove the mirror... Joy!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 PM

Man it's just so hard to tell from your pictures... Is that white stuff on the motor some of the grease? Or stressed/broken plastic? Also, it looks like a peg from the mirror mount broke off in the motor. Am I seeing that correctly?

The good news is that the doors/panels aren't too difficult to remove.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
NC Member

Just Grease. The plastic is in good shape.

Thanks for your help Adam!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 PM

Ok that's good. At this point, I would go ahead and pick up #3 and #8 as you previously mentioned. I don't think you can pick up the plastic pieces separate from the glass assembly. It's a good thing you need the passenger side glass!!

Last edited by Adam89; 11-29-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:01 AM

I broke the same mirror on my 2011 FX4, but I only broke the glass. I bought the glass part with the plastic backing. How does it fit into the round piece? Does it just snap in? I can tell yours is broke but normally could I just snap the old piece off and the new one on form the outside without removing the mirror?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by achenator
I broke the same mirror on my 2011 FX4, but I only broke the glass. I bought the glass part with the plastic backing. How does it fit into the round piece? Does it just snap in? I can tell yours is broke but normally could I just snap the old piece off and the new one on form the outside without removing the mirror?
It snaps right in. Just be sure it is lined up correctly and apply even pressure in the middle of the mirror and you will hear a couple crackle and pops and you are good to go!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Adam89
It snaps right in. Just be sure it is lined up correctly and apply even pressure in the middle of the mirror and you will hear a couple crackle and pops and you are good to go!
Thanks, but i'm more concerned with getting the old piece off. I think if I push each corner in and work the opposite corner with a screwdriver in there, I can get it off. Correct?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Passanger Side Mirror -- Accident.