Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 Tunes and Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 F150 Tunes and Tuners

Just recently bought a 2011 150 fx4 crew cab looking to put a tuner it. Has anyone done this on this truck? If so what tuner did you use or would you recommend, also what tunes have you used with them? Ive found some tuners like bully dog, or SCT from MPT Performance just not sure what is the best for the money, I noticed the ones for MPT comes with 3 tunes witch is nice, but ive also herd that they limit the number of times you can switch between your tunes before you have to re-buy them?? not sure how true that really is. Hoping to find a good 87 octane tune with Performance, HP, & MPG gain for everyday driving, but also have a 91 or 93 octane tune that is just straight up power and performance for drag racing. Is it possible if I was to find them 2 tunes to easily switch back and forth between them when ever i want? The truck is mostly stock besides a K&N cold air intake and going to be putting true duals on it soon not sure if that will affect what tunes to get. Any help would be great.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

You can switch back and forth from tunes as much as you want. The SCT livewire will hold 10 custom tunes. I don't think bully dog will support custom tuning. Most customers stay with an SCT product. We just introduced a program that offers lifetime free tunes. I don't know which motor you have but here is the blog post.

The dual exhaust wont change the tune, you can do that on the stock tune or an aftermarket tune.

The following users liked this post:
Fx4 Stealth (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Stage3Motorsports
You can switch back and forth from tunes as much as you want. The SCT livewire will hold 10 custom tunes. I don't think bully dog will support custom tuning. Most customers stay with an SCT product. We just introduced a program that offers lifetime free tunes. I don't know which motor you have but here is the blog post.

The dual exhaust wont change the tune, you can do that on the stock tune or an aftermarket tune.
I have the 5.0 do you have a link for info on how much better the 87 fuel economy tune is over stock, and how much better the 87, & 91 performance tune is over stock? and will these tunes get rid of the factory speed limiter?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:35 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 800 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Fx4 Stealth
I have the 5.0 do you have a link for info on how much better the 87 fuel economy tune is over stock, and how much better the 87, & 91 performance tune is over stock? and will these tunes get rid of the factory speed limiter?

We can remove the speed limiter. Usually we just move it to 125 MPH and do not remove it. For alot of reasons you should not be going that fast (Tires, Driveshaft etc). Here is a link to some of our dyno testing on the 5.0L with some basic mods,

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/Sta...-Dyno-Run.html

I have a 5.0L also, so feel free to call in or reply with questions.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stage3Motorsports
We can remove the speed limiter. Usually we just move it to 125 MPH and do not remove it. For alot of reasons you should not be going that fast (Tires, Driveshaft etc). Here is a link to some of our dyno testing on the 5.0L with some basic mods,

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/Sta...-Dyno-Run.html

I have a 5.0L also, so feel free to call in or reply with questions.
Can you explain more on why the dual exhaust wont effect the tune, and also would i need the lifetime tune option if i don't plan on adding anything else besides the dual exhaust and possibly a 85mm throttle body?

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Tunes and Tuners