Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 Supercrew FX4 $27k

Old 11-01-2015, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 F150 Supercrew FX4 $27k

Posted earlier in the 2004-2008 section about a 2007 KR. I have since found a 2011 F150 Supercrew fx4 48k miles loaded with all options. They're asking $27k what do you guys think? It drove great and is very clean. Here is the link.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/5288088747.html
Old 11-01-2015, 01:05 AM
for fastening fabric

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

that doesn't seem like a bad deal at all.

sweet truck. what's comparable for pricing in the area?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:18 AM

It's actually priced really well compared to others up here, but everything is more expensive in AK anyways. I was just looking for some of your opinions.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:33 AM
for fastening fabric

it has the good AC - looks like multiple fan speeds. I have the same year, and I have 4 fan speeds. whisper quiet, quiet, mostly quiet, and JET TURBINE. I wish I had the multi-speed like that one.

you'll love the truck, for sure. if it's an ecoboost, you'll miss the v8 growl, but the torque and all that will likely make up for it. I like how my v8 makes noise, but i'm not used to instant torque engines anyway, so it doesn't bug me.

if you like the truck a lot, go for it. it looks well equipped, like it's just missing nav (an option I wish I had, but can always be added for more money than i'd want to pay).

you even have heated seats. if it doesn't currently have remote start, it can be added for just a couple hundred (factory remote start, soooo worth it.) (soooooooooo worth it)

it's a cool truck dude. how are you feeling about it?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:38 AM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Looks clean, one owner well taken care of the snow tires are a plus! Price seems better then what most dealers are asking for a clean 2011. I's say scoop it up!
Old 11-01-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Get it and let's go wheeling !
Old 11-01-2015, 01:08 AM

I like it a lot and think I am going to get it. The only downfall is the scuff/scratches on the door. They're not terrible but definitely noticeable. I might be able to buff it out though.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 F150 Supercrew FX4 k-image.jpg  
Old 11-01-2015, 01:14 AM
for fastening fabric

the wax/paint looks awesome lol. mirror.

try 3M finesse. hopefully it's not too deep into the clear.

If it's past the clear, then the door needs to be painted, and matching metallic seems to be difficult, for the shops I've visited. "it's hard to match, and a robot didn't do it, so that's why there are bubbles in the clear and the metallic flake doesn't match. oh well - pay us now"
Old 11-01-2015, 01:30 AM

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Some of that will probably come out some look deep.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:42 AM
Iraq Lobster!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have an 11 FX4 Ecoboost that I just drove up to the Anchorage area from OKC. I wasn't towing anything, but I was thoroughly impressed with it over the last 2 weeks. I drove through CO, WY and MT, where I spent a lot of time driving around at 7000-8000' MSL. I was surprised how much available power there was at such high altitude since I was used to driving around at 1200' MSL in Oklahoma. I drove a supercharged Grand Prix up through Colorado at around 7000' and the altitude was apparent in that car. I was also surprised how much I use the tailgate step. I don't bother with the handle, but it's nice to be able to basically walk up and down when loading the truck.

As for winter performance, Oklahoma doesn't get a lot of snow, but we got a good bit last year (relatively). On Terra Grapplers, the truck was as surefooted as I could ask for in 2wd. 4wd made driving in crappy conditions a no brainer. We don't get much snow, and it doesn't last, in OK. Ice is our big problem. The normal cycle is an inch or so of freezing rain, followed by an inch or 4 of snow. The sun comes out and the snow turns into more ice and we deal with slush on ice for a day or 3. I got around just fine in my FX4.
*****Disclaimer....OK is as flat as Kate Hudson, but not near as hot.

I'm not sure how things price up here (I just PCS'ed to JBER, if that wasn't clear), but I paid $35k for my truck back in 2013, when it had 22k on the clock. I left OK at 47k and am at just over 50k now that I'm in AK and have had no issues aside from a really firm shift from 1-2 at parking lot speeds. I forgot what they fixed, but it was covered under the powertrain warranty before I left. Be sure to look out for that, and have it fixed if it shows up, before you roll over to 50k. Basically, if you're driving in a Walmart lot, it the truck would bang from 1 to 2 when carefully looking for a parking spot. It only happened at slow speeds under light throttle, and seemed to happen more when the tranny was warm (giggity).

The rubber mats in the pics will be worth their weight in gold for keeping the truck clean. I have them in my truck and they're great. Don't get too hung up about not having the nav system. The only reason I'm glad I have mine is for the big display for the reverse camera. I use my phone for navigation over the trucks 99% of the time. Sync can be temperamental, but it's damned handy overall. I went from a 2001 4x4 Lariat to my 2011 FX4 and couldn't be happier with my choice.

Another push...
My dad's friend has a 2011 EB Platinum 4x4. He uses it to haul his 30' pontoon boat in the hilly part of Oklahoma. These hills aren't tall, but they're steep as all hell and his truck tows the boat with no issue. I also noticed that neighbor at the lake house uses an EB FX4 to pull a 34' boat. It's a Baja/Cigar style boat, so it can't be light. I was told that he sold his Chevy 1500 (unsure of year and options) to get the F-150 for it's superior towing. My dad has a 2007 FX2 5.4L and he said it feels like an absolute pig when dragging the pontoon boat compared to his friend's EcoBoost.

Oh, also, mine's a SCREW and I have plenty of room in the back for car seats. I have 2 front facing seats and my 2 and 4 yr old can't kick the seat backs and I can slide my seat back as far as I need to for comfort. I'm a pretty average sized guy, so there's room if you're an NBA star.

Basically, if the price fits the average price in this area, and you feel the truck is sound, go for it. The jump from the 2007 generation to this generation is pretty significant with regard to fit, finish and creature comforts. My dad's 2007 is really nice but this generation is simply better. The jump from the 97-04 gen is striking. I was happy driving my 2001. I LOVE driving my 2011.

Also of note, since this post is already long as all hell...
I'm a car guy at heart. The only reason I drive a truck is for the convenience of having a truck. When I was near family, I was fine with both my wife and I driving cars because I could always borrow my dad's truck. I'm of the belief that a family needs access to a truck, so I bit the bullet and bought the 2001. In an ideal world, I'd be in something like an M3, CTS-V or Audi A5 (we're not talking about price) and have all of the big **** that won't fit delivered. The 2001 felt like I was giving up something to have a bed to haul things. My 2011 is not like that at all. Sure, I give up nimble cornering and speed, but I don't feel like I'm missing out like I did in the 2001. This generation F150 is a pleasure to own.

PSS... I'm not a Ford fanboy, I'm just really happy with my truck. I've always been a GM guy at heart. I bough my 2001 because I got it for a better price than I could have snagged a Chevy or GMC when I was shopping. I much prefer GM trucks from the 90's and early 2000's. I think Ford surpassed GM with the 2004/5 generation, then kicked *** with the 2009-2014. I haven't driven a similar gen Chevy, but I think the Fords look better.

Oh, my truck took the bumpy *** road between Tok and Palmer at 55-65 mph without complaint last week. Those ripples in the road (frost heave?) made the drive a lot more fun about the time I started getting bored.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Feel free to PM me or IM me if you have any questions.

EDIT: Just saw the scratch pics. They probably won't all come out, but if you spend a few hours with some rubbing compound, then polishing compound, you'll be surprised what you can get out. I drug my 2001 across some trees when i dropped one wheel off a ditch edge and scratched the **** out of it. 90% of it came out since it was mostly a clear coat scratch. Also, you get in the other door, so you'll see it less.

Edit 2: Seriously, this post is too long. As penance, I offer these. Too much wine makes me write too much.

Name:  Screenshot_2013-03-18-11-22-22_zpsmvqcekwz.png
Views: 71
Size:  120.4 KB

Name:  10173479_22_600_522_zps98uafamm.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  41.7 KB

Last edited by cody6766; 11-01-2015 at 01:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
safetypin (11-01-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Supercrew FX4 $27k