Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F150 Sony System Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 09:25 AM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Default 2011 F150 Sony System Speakers

Been having more and more of an issue with the two back door speakers on my FX4. The speakers work fine for a while but then will get static and vibrate bad on bass sounds. The bass is set at 0.

I bought this truck used so they may be damaged. I have no sound system knowledge. Do these speakers seem bad or is it a different problem? I might just buy speakers from best buy or something and install myself as I have a $100 deductable.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Probably blown and not worth the hassle of diagnosing. You can replace all four door speakers with Infinity Reference for just over $100 bucks total from Amazon. Well worth the upgrade and that includes buying the speaker harnesses so you can avoid cutting and splicing any wires. Install takes maybe an hour total to do all four doors and the difference is huge over the stock Sony system. It's pretty laughable what they call the upgraded system, especially once you take them out and look at them.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
Probably blown and not worth the hassle of diagnosing. You can replace all four door speakers with Infinity Reference for just over $100 bucks total from Amazon. Well worth the upgrade and that includes buying the speaker harnesses so you can avoid cutting and splicing any wires. Install takes maybe an hour total to do all four doors and the difference is huge over the stock Sony system. It's pretty laughable what they call the upgraded system, especially once you take them out and look at them.
Do you happen to have the part numbers for all of these to replace them all? I am very interested in doing this. Thank you for the suggestion. I too didn't think the Sony system was that great. I had infinity in my Grand Cherokee that was a nice setup.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by mjmck
Do you happen to have the part numbers for all of these to replace them all? I am very interested in doing this. Thank you for the suggestion. I too didn't think the Sony system was that great. I had infinity in my Grand Cherokee that was a nice setup.
Many different Infinity speakers available. The size you need is 5X7, 6X8. Take a look on Amazon for the size and then select the ones that fit your budget. They are easy to install and will make a great difference to your sound system.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by joe mcmillan
Many different Infinity speakers available. The size you need is 5X7, 6X8. Take a look on Amazon for the size and then select the ones that fit your budget. They are easy to install and will make a great difference to your sound system.
Thx!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by mjmck
Infinity 6832cf is the speakers I replaced all of mine with (left the factory tweeters in the pillars)

You also will want to get a few sets of Metra part# 72-5600 which are the speaker adapters that allow you to plug one end into the factory speaker harness and the other into the replacement speaker so you don't have to cut and splice or worry about any of that.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:46 PM
New F150 Owner

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This is perfect info for me too, and just in time. I've got an occasional distortion in my system too. I've checked the woofer and it looks fine. I think it is one of the passenger side speakers.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by TJPlatinumEB
Infinity 6832cf is the speakers I replaced all of mine with (left the factory tweeters in the pillars)

You also will want to get a few sets of Metra part# 72-5600 which are the speaker adapters that allow you to plug one end into the factory speaker harness and the other into the replacement speaker so you don't have to cut and splice or worry about any of that.
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Yeah not to sure I want to splice, so I will definitely get the adapter harnesses. I will start shopping for this stuff. I'm going to leave the tweeters in too, i think they are ok.

Thank you!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 AM

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,649 Posts

I am also looking at upgrading my speakers, and maybe adding an amp.
Nothing wrong with what I have now I just figure when listening to Led Zepplin or Pink Floyd, the volume should be louder than what we can get outta these systems.

Now that said, I want to buy my speakers before I pull my door panels off. And, I've seen references to everything from 5x7 and 6x8 to 6x9 in terms of sizes for door speakers. (I have a supercrew with the "upgraded" Sony system)

No, I didn't read the owners manual to whoever that guy is who keeps suggesting we all do so!

Can someone here provide any form of tangible proof or evidence of what the speaker size really is or should be? what will fit?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Insolent Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dannofx4
I am also looking at upgrading my speakers, and maybe adding an amp.
Nothing wrong with what I have now I just figure when listening to Led Zepplin or Pink Floyd, the volume should be louder than what we can get outta these systems.

Now that said, I want to buy my speakers before I pull my door panels off. And, I've seen references to everything from 5x7 and 6x8 to 6x9 in terms of sizes for door speakers. (I have a supercrew with the "upgraded" Sony system)

No, I didn't read the owners manual to whoever that guy is who keeps suggesting we all do so!

Can someone here provide any form of tangible proof or evidence of what the speaker size really is or should be? what will fit?

Thanks
Crutchfield.com

Quick Reply: 2011 F150 Sony System Speakers