Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ecoboost loud squeaking and grinding coming from underneath vehicle while moving

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2011 Ecoboost loud squeaking and grinding coming from underneath vehicle while moving

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. Got in my truck today and noticed a high pitched squeezing noise as soon as I starting driving. Stopped and checked all the wheels were secured and didn't see anything abnormal underneath the vehicle. But the sound was still there, started off as a grinding noise when going slow and then turned into a high pitched squeezing noise when I reached maybe 5-10mph. Going 25, it started to blend into a sort of humming and squeaking. When I stopped, the brakes squeaked loudly like they were wet (but it was a sunny day here in Michigan).

This is completely sudden, truck has been a little squeaky going over bumps and stuff but nothing like this. I have been having the cold start up sound rattle that I've read about on some of these forums. It's just occasionally right now but I do hear it on cold starts some mornings. Ford also just recently replaced my vacuum pump twice and I'm still getting a buzzing noise when I brake so either they didn't actually replace it or there's another issue. I just got an oil change from the dealership here and its about a week and a half later now. Not sure if any of this could be related in any way. When revving the engine in neutral, there were no issues so it has to be something powertrain related or possibly brake related.. Bearings? U joints? Brakes?

My friend got out and walked beside me as I drove and said it sounded like it was coming from right underneath between the tires. I'm suspecting the U-joints, however I'm not sure why the squeaking noise would be happening or why the breaks would make such a loud noise when stopping. I posted a video of the sound from the cab of the truck with the windows closed - the sound is still very noticeable.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ecoboost loud squeaking and grinding coming from underneath vehicle while moving