Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 + In-Channel Vent Shades = Trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Default 2011 + In-Channel Vent Shades = Trouble?

I removed my AVS Vent Shades from my last truck to reuse then in my 2011 and there is a problem with the new sensor that was added when something obstructs the window. When I use the auto up the window comes back down as soon as it feels restriction from the vent shades....

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity or turn it off completely?

Edit: See post #4 below for resolution....

Bob

Last edited by Bob_Mac; 01-30-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do auto glass work and I have run into this problem with toyota's and they say that the motor needs to be retimed so I would assume thats how it would be with a Ford. By the way, were your doors opened or shut when you tried your windows and was the truck running?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dabegs
I do auto glass work and I have run into this problem with toyota's and they say that the motor needs to be retimed so I would assume thats how it would be with a Ford. By the way, were your doors opened or shut when you tried your windows and was the truck running?
The windows were shut then I opened them then tried to shut them and then the problem, truck was running. How does one retime the motor?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:19 PM

I found this on another site and it works.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Close the door.
3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.
4. Pull up on the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.
5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.
6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other windows.

The "Anti Pinch" is very sensitive, good to know.

Bob

Last edited by Bob_Mac; 01-30-2011 at 10:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Daniejw (01-03-2015)
Old 08-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_Mac
I found this on another site and it works.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Close the door.
3. Open the window completely by operating the power window switch.
4. Pull up on the power window switch and hold it to close the window, and then hold the switch more than 3 seconds after the window is closed completely.
5. Release the power window switch. Operate the window by the automatic function to confirm the initialization is complete.
6. Perform steps 2 through 5 above for other windows.

The "Anti Pinch" is very sensitive, good to know.

Bob
thanks Bob. VS sent me a free set of the seamless and I tried to install them and was running into the same problem.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:34 PM

was wondering if there was a fix for this annoying feature..........tried and works good now, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! liked the in channel feature, but the anti pinch feature is something to get used to.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 AM

I work for the window regulator supplier.... there is nothing you can do with switch inputs to re-initialize the anti-pinch. you would have to disconnect the vehicle battery or unplug the window reg when the window is moving. Holding the switch after it closes does not do anything if one-touch up already works.

You might want to try closing the window and allowing the seals to take a compression set to the shades. If you get a reversal, you can override the anti-pinch by commanding the window up (1st or 2nd detent, doesn't matter) within 2 seconds of it stopping after a reversal and holding until it closes. This process is described better in the owner's manual.

Let the window set for ~48 hours before seal takes a new compression set. You can still operate the window, just make sure it stays closed for most of that time. Override the anti-pinch again if you need to.

If that doesn't work, you can re-initialize the motor, however this is a bit tricky -

-you need to cut power to the window motor while it is operating (up or down). you can either disconnect the vehicle battery (need 2 people) or unplug the window motor (need to remove trim panel though) while window is moving. I think you could also disconnect the door harness (not sure what else you might be doing there though).

-Check that it is de-initialized, one-touch up won't work.

-Re-initialize by holding the switch in the up direction (1st or 2nd detent, doesn't matter) until half a second after it closes (hold longer just to be sure). If you listen closely you can hear a light relay click at half a second. run it all the way down, express up should work again and be adjusted for the shades. Not sure how well the anti-pinch system will be able to adjust the shades, but if it can, this will do it.

-If this doesn't work, you are SOL. Might try shades that are not in-channel.

Last edited by Stuntman8895; 08-29-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:39 AM

I was having issues after a bit and wound up getting the AVS Seamless Ventshades and love them even more.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the FX4 2011 and I just sent a set back to Auto Anything. They were suppose to be in channel, but my window would not close.. May I ask where you ordered you new shades and how hard were they to install
Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

this is from facebook... They asked the question, then their were other comments then mine...

Lund International
Do you prefer In-channel or Standard Tape-on?
Like · · Share · October 10 at 4:01pm ·

MIke Kelley: I like the looks of the inchannel but cant get my windows to work right with them on, 2011 f150 with the auto up feature. PLEASE HELP message me on how to fix it.
October 10 at 8:10pm · Like

Lund International: Hey MIke- We are redesigning the inchannel VV to work with the auto up feature. As soon as we release them we can send you a new pair to replace the ones you already have.
October 11 at 9:17am · Like · 1 person

MIke Kelley: That is what I call customer support!
October 11 at 9:28am · Like · 1 person

Quick Reply: 2011 + In-Channel Vent Shades = Trouble?