Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Platinum- Has anyone finally found how to fix the transmission problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Default 2010 Platinum- Has anyone finally found how to fix the transmission problem.

Drove my 06 XLT F150 5.4, 4 hours to Plattsburgh N.Y. today and cannot believe how much better the throttle response and shifting of the transmission is compared to the $52,000 truck I just bought a month ago. Has anyone found the fix or do i too need to take it to 5 different dealers like everyone else. Just wondering at this point.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you talking about? My trans is fine.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nismopie
What are you talking about? My trans is fine.
My trani does not know when to shift and when i nail it there is a pause, my 06 no matter what gear the truck is in it goes when i step on it. I have also been nailing it so it will learn but nothing yet. Many many people on this site have had the same problem, some with 1000's of miles, just wondering if anyone has found a fix.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

No problems. Just press the gas and go.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

no problems with mine either, only at 7K miles though, fingers crossed!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
RejectedReject

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

My 6spd in my 09 has been flawless all 18k so far. I hated the 4spd dog that was in my 05. It was junk and even proved itself as that by dropping at 92k. You are comparing apples to oranges here.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore9
My trani does not know when to shift and when i nail it there is a pause, my 06 no matter what gear the truck is in it goes when i step on it. I have also been nailing it so it will learn but nothing yet. Many many people on this site have had the same problem, some with 1000's of miles, just wondering if anyone has found a fix.
these trucks do not have a tranny problem. You have how many of these trucks sold worlwide with 0 problems and then of course you get on a forum and sure enough there is a handful of people that think the world is imploding and their transmissions are failing because their 1996 truck shifted quicker and the 4 other people on the site said they have the same problem, so there must be a recall or some fix for a non existent problem that they overly **** make themselves believe.

The reason there is a delay when you stomp on the gas is because of torque managment. Its on all the trucks so you do not destroy your trans.

You can buy a programmer or have your ecm tuned to eliminate all or a percentage of the tm. for example my 2007 silverado did the the same thing(as did my 2010 ram ). I had a custom tune and eliminated 100% of the engine TM and 75% of the tranny TM. world of difference. When you stomped on her there was 0 hesitation. just power to the ground.

These 6 speed trannys are great and they learn your driving habits. Im at 10100 miles and it has completed its learning cycle and its butter. It has some rough points in the initial 9k miles but the tcm needs to learn your patterns. The 2010 ram had an amazingly smooth tranny, best Ive ever driven with but its reliability is whats in question. STOP BEING SO **** PEOPLE, THE TRANNY IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE WITH ALMOST 0 FAILURES.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by motox151
these trucks do not have a tranny problem. You have how many of these trucks sold worlwide with 0 problems and then of course you get on a forum and sure enough there is a handful of people that think the world is imploding and their transmissions are failing because their 1996 truck shifted quicker and the 4 other people on the site said they have the same problem, so there must be a recall or some fix for a non existent problem that they overly **** make themselves believe.

The reason there is a delay when you stomp on the gas is because of torque managment. Its on all the trucks so you do not destroy your trans.

You can buy a programmer or have your ecm tuned to eliminate all or a percentage of the tm. for example my 2007 silverado did the the same thing(as did my 2010 ram ). I had a custom tune and eliminated 100% of the engine TM and 75% of the tranny TM. world of difference. When you stomped on her there was 0 hesitation. just power to the ground.

These 6 speed trannys are great and they learn your driving habits. Im at 10100 miles and it has completed its learning cycle and its butter. It has some rough points in the initial 9k miles but the tcm needs to learn your patterns. The 2010 ram had an amazingly smooth tranny, best Ive ever driven with but its reliability is whats in question. STOP BEING SO **** PEOPLE, THE TRANNY IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE WITH ALMOST 0 FAILURES.
I appreciate the vote of confidence and i'll go with what you say. I traded in my 03 screw for the Platinum and reading all the negative posts about the tranis basically pushed me into the same category because my 03 didnt have that problem either. I will be getting a programmer in the next month so if you say it will take care of the hesitation then it's a dead issue. Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ford reprogrammed my transmission recently for same issues and it worked great even though the mpg is down about 1.5-2.0 mpg.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore9
I appreciate the vote of confidence and i'll go with what you say. I traded in my 03 screw for the Platinum and reading all the negative posts about the tranis basically pushed me into the same category because my 03 didnt have that problem either. I will be getting a programmer in the next month so if you say it will take care of the hesitation then it's a dead issue. Thanks for the reply!
ok, just void the warranty with the programmer so that you have to pay to fix the transmission when it fails due to the programmer bypassing the things that save it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Platinum- Has anyone finally found how to fix the transmission problem.