Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 FX4 Blend door actuator/door replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2010 FX4 Blend door actuator/door replacement

1st Post: Dodge Truck convert- New owner of 2010 FX4 Super Crew. Dual Climate Controls w/center console. Drivers side blowing hot air thru A/C vents all the time, passenger side works OK. Ford dealer told me "Drivers side is the expensive side" $35.00 actuator-$600.00 Labor. 5-6 hours labor on drivers side, 2-3 hours on passenger side. Must have to tear 1/2 the dash out! Figure if I have to replace actuator, may as well replace blend door too. Heater Treater Kits only go up to 08 models. All the web searchs show older F150's Anyone done a repair/replacement on a newer model? How many doors? Locations? Thanks for the help! Best regards-Larry

Last edited by snakebit99; 01-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM

Same problem here on my 09 F-150 Lariat but I get cold air on drivers side, was quoted $900+ to replace drivers side actuator. What is a Heater Treater kit?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Carpenter's Local 279

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

i had this same problem and they fixed the heat with actuators but now my navi screen shuts off when ever it wants
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

You may want to do a search on You Tube for your problem. I am sure you will be able to find one on how to take the dash apart.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Default Fixed my blend door/actuator problem '10 FX4

HeaterTreater stated it is too difficult to replace blend doors/actuactor motors on the later model F150's. Just installed a new product by HeaterTreator..."Universal Core Regulator" a solenoid operated open/ closed flow control valve that installs in heater lines under the hood. ( A push button controlled version of the old manual control valves) In winter push the small LED button & open the flow into the heater core, in summer, push the button, close the valve for A/C. So far works well, an relatively inexpensive fix for the dreaded blend door/actuator problem. Costs $100 bucks. Comes with instructions, small cabin mounted LED switch, wiring, hose clamps everything you need.
Installation was easy, took less than 1 hour to block actuator door, cut heater lines, run wire & hard wire into fuse box. I did have to cut the mounting ears off the plastic valve assembly in order to get it into the curve of the return hose. Hope this helps somebody else with this problem. Best regards-Larry

https://www.f150forum.com/members/sn...ht4-before.jpg

https://www.f150forum.com/members/sn...r-switch-2.jpg.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM

And that is a fix for both sides, dual temperature control unit?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM

All you do is block the broken blend door open by cutting the actuator feed wire, install the valve & both sides work as before. You have to play a little bit with the fan speed on heat. The other side works as before but your heat A/C is now a manual control rather than automatic. The "how to" is in the instructions. Still too cold to try the A/C fully here in Ohio...but should work well as you are taking all hot water flow from the heater core. They claim A/C will work better.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

A buddy and I just replaced the upper actuator on a 2011 FX4. Two and a half hours and $40. I've heard the lower is more difficult.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by snakebit99
All you do is block the broken blend door open by cutting the actuator feed wire, install the valve & both sides work as before. You have to play a little bit with the fan speed on heat. The other side works as before but your heat A/C is now a manual control rather than automatic. The "how to" is in the instructions. Still too cold to try the A/C fully here in Ohio...but should work well as you are taking all hot water flow from the heater core. They claim A/C will work better.
I had replaced the door actuator with OEM and they don't last. Anyone had tried Heater Treater kit in a 2011 F150?. I did email to find out if they have a kit for our F150 ( not listed at their web site ).

https://heatertreater.net
Old 11-30-2017, 04:23 PM

I got a response from heatertreater.net

"
Hi Ricardo,

The actuator motors on the F150 are weak and you may end up replacing it multiple times. We do not have a kit specifically for your model. We do, however, have a new universal core regulator kit that will fix the problems. A full description is linked on the front page of our web site.
The kit regulates the temperature of the air flow by controlling the flow of coolant through the heater core instead of using the blend door. The trick is to lock the blend door in the heat position and installing the regulator valve and controls. This will change the control method, but will give efficient heat and AC, just a little more manual intervention.

http://www.heatertreater.net/magento...regulator.html
Chris A.
512-507-8467"

Quick Reply: 2010 FX4 Blend door actuator/door replacement