Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 XL OEM FM/AM Radio.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Paving the Way

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Default 2009 XL OEM FM/AM Radio.

My Radio (w/o a CD player) has its Own Station display (like a after market would). Above my Bezal twords near Dashboard there is a Pocket that Holds My Business cards and Iphone. Is this Where the CD/radio display would be if i had a XLT with CD? So anotherwords I cant Swop to a XLT CD player even if it plugs in and fits because the Display is non existent except in a Higher Modesl Dash package??? Any help out there appreciated as Ive run into Only others that are confused also on this subject when Ive tried to buy a OEM CD player.
Heres a Pic. Theres nothing abouve Bezel except a little Pocket for small items.
Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,135 Posts

In my opinion (I'm sure others will agree) the stock stereo on trims higher than xl are crap. And not much better than what you have now. I'd just get a nice double din aftermarket
The following users liked this post:
CALM Trucking (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Paving the Way

Originally Posted by mbullock
In my opinion (I'm sure others will agree) the stock stereo on trims higher than xl are crap. And not much better than what you have now. I'd just get a nice double din aftermarket
Yup, I guess thats what Im gonna do. Its to bad at the same time because my 2001 Harley had a Great Sound system after I put subs into it. The stock Deck
& 6 cd player sounded just fine.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsy Pavin
My Radio (w/o a CD player) has its Own Station display (like a after market would). Above my Bezal twords near Dashboard there is a Pocket that Holds My Business cards and Iphone. Is this Where the CD/radio display would be if i had a XLT with CD?
Correct

So anotherwords I cant Swop to a XLT CD player even if it plugs in and fits because the Display is non existent except in a Higher Modesl Dash package???
You pretty much summrd it up.

When I had my 2010 XL the stock radio was swapped with an aftermarket double DIN stereo --- took me aboiut a 1/2 hour .

At the time I did inquire as to what's involved installing the OEM unit with display. It was complicated and cost prohibitive to consider.

In other words ... it was cheaper , easier , and a better result installing the aftermarket unit.
The following users liked this post:
CALM Trucking (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Paving the Way

Originally Posted by golfer
Correct

You pretty much summrd it up.

When I had my 2010 XL the stock radio was swapped with an aftermarket double DIN stereo --- took me aboiut a 1/2 hour .

At the time I did inquire as to what's involved installing the OEM unit with display. It was complicated and cost prohibitive to consider.

In other words ... it was cheaper , easier , and a better result installing the aftermarket unit.
Thank you very much. Good info & now i know my options !!

Quick Reply: 2009 XL OEM FM/AM Radio.