2004-2008 Running Boards on a 13 STX Supercab - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004-2008 Running Boards on a 13 STX Supercab

Old 09-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #1

Default 2004-2008 Running Boards on a 13 STX Supercab

My STX originally came with the 2wd chrome running boards.

With my truck being all black and not having any chrome aside from the brushed chrome/metal color of the rims, these running boards had to go. I had previously swapped my headlights and taillights so these running boards REALLY stuck out to me. So I took them off, sold them locally, and ran without running boards for a few months. My 5'0" wife was not happy about that..

I was looking on the FB market one day and found someone giving some running boards away with hardware included. Apparently they'd been sitting in her shed for a few years and she finally wanted them gone. Had a feeling they'd fit, wasn't absolutely sure, but they were free. So why not? Outside of faded plastic and a small chip in one of them, I saw tons of potential. So I picked them up

Here's the small chip

Then I bought some cheap flat black paint at Walmart and went to work. Didn't put a ton of time into cleaning them, just used a magic eraser, and then a rag and alcohol.

Here is one painted next to the other unpainted

I installed them later than evening/night. It rained that night and probably didn't allow the paint to cure correctly, mud the next day didn't help either. Regardless, I love the way they look. Wish my truck would've come with these, but hey I made a huge profit through the whole process.

Last edited by tland4; Yesterday at 10:21 PM.
tland4 is offline   Reply With Quote