Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200 series plug in remote start & alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 200 series plug in remote start & alarm

So, I got this plug in 200 series remote start & alarm system. Install was pretty much plug in. Cost $290 at local Ford dealer. But it had to be activated at the dealer, which cost $130 extra .
Doesn't have any issues with engine shutting off when you put the key in or stepping on the break pedel. It comes with seperate key fob, because it's bidirectional. It's trade off... I don't like the extra remote in my pocket but comes in handy when you start the truck inside the building, you know it's started. The shock sensor is kind of weak, it's two stage sensor but seems like you really have the hit the truck hard to get it triggered ( at maximum sensitivity ). Want to add second sensor near the bed as soon as I have the time.
So far I think it was a good add on.

Last edited by barokim; 06-18-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:49 PM
SBCT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good write up, I just bought a 2011 FX4 SCREW I wish I had the lux package but was looking at adding remote to it afterwards.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Does that integrate with the computer in the dash? I ALMOST got that model, but I really, really wanted the integration so I could use the LCD display to control it. I got the "same as factory" model that just puts another button on the keyfob.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:36 AM

Remote key doesn't have any LCD display or work with information LCD display in the truck. Remote key has flashing light within the button that flashes green when the truck is started and also beeps couple times.
Sorry, just found out it is integrated with LCD display in the dash. Found out fooling around with the information screen.

Last edited by barokim; 06-21-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post a link this item. I'm interested in it.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:26 AM

It's not on any of the web sites yet. I couldn't find it any where. It's too new. You have to order it from the Ford dealer, far as I know. Parts department guy didn't even know about it. He made several calls to find out. I only found out about it because someone with F250 said he got one installed on his truck. And I wanted one.

Last edited by barokim; 06-19-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:22 PM

Hello im new here. I bought the Bi Directional 200 Series - Plug N Play-Part No: BB5Z-19G364-C from http://www.lombardfordaccessories.co...EN=88673080..I also bought the hood switch But i didnt need it had one on the truck so check before you order.. I installed the System - on my 2011 F-150 that i bought august 1st .took it to the dealer i bought the truck from and they hooked to the IDS and turned it on and now it shows the remote start in the message center now and you adjust from there. ..Its freakin Awesome. Its very easy to install. A couple of people said the 2 stage shock sensor sucks...well you have to mount it high in the dash above the glove box on the tube pipe cross member. strap it tight so it can sense vibration from the entire truck .It works great tap on the window and get a warning beep from the horn hit a bit harder and full horn beeps. I put the LED in the pop out panel in that is in front of the drivers side defrost vent. i ran the program button to the center kick panel at the floor left it in there for easy access. mounted the control unit with the Velcro tape supplied right by the TPM module. All plug n play very easy..... From my apartment i can start the truck that is around the front of the building across the parking lot and down a bit...AWESOME ... after it starts the remote beeps to let me know it started ..and a green light flashed every about 10 seconds to let me know its running.....Also you have to activate the alarm part after you are done with the IDS. If anyone needs to know how to activate the alarm Or if you have any other questions let me know...... Cheers

barokim Do you know how to change the alarm from Active/arm (default) to Passive/arm? on the 200 series remote start with alarm system.
Or if any one else knows how ...let me know. I called 1 800 ford key and got Audiovox / Code Alarm....but they wont give any info out.

Last edited by BigGuy2011; 08-31-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have programming instructions on the 200 series?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

can the 2 way sysyem be added to a truck that allready has the factory remote start for example 2012 lariat has the 1 way system i would like to add the 2 way via plug and play no splicing??
Old 12-26-2011, 09:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my input from the other thread.....

I just installed the series 200 bi directional remote with the security feature (shock sensor). I already had the one way unit installed from the factory with the start feature built into the key. I watched the video in this thread, install was easy, only thing to add to the video was that I have to mount the shock sensor behind the glove box (zip tie) and drill a hole and mount the security LED and Button. I ran those wires from the passenger side to drivers side via the route for the USB2 mod, then down to the drivers side. Picked a spot to mount and drilled a couple holes. (i will take a pic later) I can start the truck with the Bi-Directional AND the One Way remotes that came with the truck. No IDS required since it was already activated.

Only hang up I have is the security feature will not work? The LED does not flash when the truck is locked and the "panic" button does not work on the Bi-Directional remote. I am sure these two are related. Does anyone have install instructions for the series 200 RS with Security or can help me out?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 200 series plug in remote start & alarm