Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 F150 Steering Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 14 F150 Steering Vibration

I have a 14 F150 FX4 that has been giving me fits with steering vibrations. I have changed the tires( mastercraft axt), upper arms(moog), sway bar bushings(moog), sway bar links(moog), struts(rancho quick lift), and rack (motocraft). I still get a steady vibration when the wheel is even slightly turned. It doesn't feel like a side to side motion because the steering wheels stays straight so it must be something going up and down, if I am thinking about this right. If I hit a bump, especially on the driver side, I can feel something bumping in the steering. I have the dust shield ordered, thinking it acts as a bushing and shock absorber for the steering shaft. Can anyone else think of possibility? The tie rod ends and lower ball joints are in great shape. I am running out of things to replace....
Old 07-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Oddly enough I believe I'm having the same issue. I can feel the slight "hum" in the wheel at times whether I'm parked or cruising down the highway. As well as the clunk when going over bumps. My next option was to change the rack. Did you ever get it figured out?

Quick Reply: 14 F150 Steering Vibration