Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'12 - Need help finding a part (front grille)

Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '12 - Need help finding a part (front grille)

New (first time) truck owner - loving it so far. Got a nused '12 with 5,800 miles (EcoBoost model) and just noticed I was missing part of my grille. One side grille - the black piece I circled in red below, is missing. Any idea what it's called? Having a hard time finding a part number to order a replacement.

Also, any suggestions on filling the gap circled in blue? I know the Ecoboost needs to take in more air from the front, but do they make some kind of matching grille?

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 AM

Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Remove the little grille thing on the other side. Then it will match. Haha Jk. I'm not sure if you can order that one little grill. I worked at fords national parts warehouse and iv never seen it. And I don't think you would want to order a whole new grille.

As for the lower opening. I don't think you wanna put anything in there to block airflow to the intercooler. But I don't own the ecoboost so I'm not 100% sure on that.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got the grill on my 11' replaced today after hitting a deer. It's the same style as your pic, minus the chrome (FX4). I kept the old grill and I'm pretty sure they're a just 2 piece unit. The outer "ring" that goes up into the hood is one. That whole inside piece including what you have circled is one piece. I kept the old one for a future project using the outer piece and if i'm wrong about the innner being one piece, you can have mine for shipping costs. I'll let you know when i get a chance to take it apart.

As for the lower grill, just do a google search on them. I know they make em but I'm not sure about using them on an eco because of air flow restriction. Heres one from google images.

Edit: Actually just found the part for you. Looks like its one piece like I thought. $250 from ford for the same one thats in your pic. Heres a link http://accessories.ford.com/xlt-chro...ge-grille.html
Attached Thumbnails '12 - Need help finding a part (front grille)-painted-f150-grille.jpg  

Last edited by Black Betsy; 01-22-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on the sidelines..
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Black Betsy ... Heres one from google images.
That would be mine ...
  • upper is a Platinum model grille that was PTM (PaintedToMatch).
  • lower grille is something that I designed and had made by a local metal shoppe - ¼" aluminum, CNC water jet'ed, hand-smoothed/rounded, and powder coated.

Shameless plug ..... The prototype is for sale.

Lower Bumper Grille - KingRanch|Lariat|Platinum grid pattern ««« -click-

*NOTE: Asking price is now considerably lower.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
That would be mine...
Hahaha sorry for keifing your design. Just came up on google images. I know there are companies that make billet lowers you can buy. If it were me I'd most likely make my own too. Looks good
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
HOPEFUL

Received 263 Likes on 195 Posts

the part in red is NOT available seperately. you will have to buy a complete new grille which can be very pricey. or you can buy an aftermarket grille insert, much cheaper, but requires cutting parts of your grille. since yours is broken, you really have nothing to lose.

as for the part in blue, there is nothing OEM available, your only option is aftermarket grilles or to make something yourself.

the "prototype" kinda reminds me of the side of a metal grocery cart.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Think I might just go with the first suggestion to pull out the left side grille as well . It would match the right side and the bumper grill slot too.

BB, thanks for looking up the part number. I'll check with one of the TASCA guys to see their price on a full grille.

Prototype looks very cool, but I'm probably going to get a bumper grille for $50 off ebay and drop ~$200 on a replacement main grille, if it starts to bug me too much. Nice looking ride btw.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 PM

Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by dahadster
Thanks for the replies. Think I might just go with the first suggestion to pull out the left side grille as well . It would match the right side and the bumper grill slot too.
Sweeettttt!!!! Haha my joke actually turned out to be a good idea!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 AM

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by dahadster
New (first time) truck owner - loving it so far. Got a nused '12 with 5,800 miles (EcoBoost model) and just noticed I was missing part of my grille. One side grille - the black piece I circled in red below, is missing. Any idea what it's called? Having a hard time finding a part number to order a replacement.

Also, any suggestions on filling the gap circled in blue? I know the Ecoboost needs to take in more air from the front, but do they make some kind of matching grille?

Thanks for the help!

Where are you located

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '12 - Need help finding a part (front grille)