Topic Sponsor
Vendor Showcase Forum for Vendors to display their products and specials

2004-2010 5.4 cam phaser permanent fix!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 06:25 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts
Default 2004-2010 5.4 cam phaser permanent fix!

At Livernois Motorsports we have the permanent fix to the pesky cam phaser issues that these vehicles all experience at some point! This CARB approved patent pending Livernois Motorsports product is designed to solve a major problem with the 4.6 and 5.4 Ford 3 valve engines. Over time as these engines wear they develop a knocking noise in the front timing chain area of the engine. This is commonly caused by the cam phaser moving back and forth uncontrollable which in addition to all the noise will also send error codes to the computer and send the engine into the 'limp' mode. An engine in the 'limp' mode will run very poorly with symptoms like low power, poor mileage, rough idle etc. This permanent repair kit will change the phaser to a solid hub design and install a new tune into the vehicles computer to get it out of the 'limp' mode and return it to normal operations. Simple in design, requiring no special tools and it includes our timing chain wedge tool which makes it even easier saving you hours of time! For more information call 313-561-5500 extension 104 or ask for me myself Cody and i will be glad to assist you!
Attached Thumbnails 2004-2010 5.4 cam phaser permanent fix!-ex_q90_w680_h_images_epim_original_p04_lpp822133b_main.jpg  
Old 06-26-2021, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
At Livernois Motorsports we have the permanent fix to the pesky cam phaser issues that these vehicles all experience at some point! This CARB approved patent pending Livernois Motorsports product is designed to solve a major problem with the 4.6 and 5.4 Ford 3 valve engines. Over time as these engines wear they develop a knocking noise in the front timing chain area of the engine. This is commonly caused by the cam phaser moving back and forth uncontrollable which in addition to all the noise will also send error codes to the computer and send the engine into the 'limp' mode. An engine in the 'limp' mode will run very poorly with symptoms like low power, poor mileage, rough idle etc. This permanent repair kit will change the phaser to a solid hub design and install a new tune into the vehicles computer to get it out of the 'limp' mode and return it to normal operations. Simple in design, requiring no special tools and it includes our timing chain wedge tool which makes it even easier saving you hours of time! For more information call 313-561-5500 extension 104 or ask for me myself Cody and i will be glad to assist you!
Hello. I am interested in the phaser lock. I didn't realize this could be done. I just installed two new phasers about a month ago in to my 2007 F150 5.4 3l. What does it cost to do this and with the programmer. I live in Fort St John BC Canada

Thanks Jay
I'll Try to call you next week

Old 07-14-2021, 02:05 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Good afternoon. The cam phaser lockout kit runs $699 and that comes with either the Dorman phaser lockout or the factory phaser lockout. We also carry the kit that comes with both lockouts just so you're not stuck if you order the kit with the incorrect lockouts. That kit runs $749 for both in the box. We do have them in stock so if you'd like to order one please call us at 313-561-5500. We can also calculate the duty/taxes for you at that time.

Thank you

Quick Reply: 2004-2010 5.4 cam phaser permanent fix!