Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Winch mount question ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winch mount question ...

I have a warn m8274 winch and was wanting to put it on my 00 f150 to help pull trees over and equipment out of the mud when needed also to help me out if I get hung up. I have a Jeep buddy who tossed me a harbor freight Badlands universal mount. Would I have enough room to mount the mount and winch as a hidden type set up w my stock bumper? I don't mind trimming the facia a little. And yes I know I could buy this or that...... But I am trying to be conservative with my spending right now. I am growing my own business, moving and have a new baby in the way. Attached is a photo of what I am thinking it would look like also attached is a pic of the mount. I don't want to go w a front hitch w a slide in...

Last edited by Luckysaturn13; 07-29-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

You have all the parts - measure them, and the bumper. Use a framing square behind the bumper to see how low it would have to be mounted to be below the grill.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:40 PM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

The 8274 won't mount directly to that winch plate. You'll need to make/buy a foot forward style mount. If you want to use the HF mount, you can chop it up and add a few pieces of 1/4" plate to convert it to a foot forward. TMR Customs makes a nice universal weld on mount for ~$100. Here's mine with the TMR mount.

But first, you need to pull some measurements to see if it will even fit behind the bumper. The 8274 is taller and deeper than conventional winches.

Quick Reply: Winch mount question ...