Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

What kind of lift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of lift?

I'm looking for a 6" lift for my '04 f150 (fx4). I plan on doing a good bit of highway driving but some offroading as well (wooded trails and lots of swampy mud). Can anyone give me some suggestions for some good lifts?

A shop with a decent reputation around here offers this rough country 6" lift installed for about $2300 http://www.roughcountry.com/ford_4wd_f150_6.html. Is it a good lift and is that a decent price?

I also have the option of buying my own lift kit and having him install it for me. Is there a better lift kit for what I plan on doing?

Help! Any suggestions and advice is very much appreciated.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Fabtech lift on my truck and am very happy with it. Fabtech, RCD, Rize are all good lifts (although if you go with Rize just get the 8" lift). Anything except the Pro Comp stage 1 kit which has the 6" spacer for the front.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
Anything except the Pro Comp stage 1 kit which has the 6" spacer for the front.
thats exactly what i have on my truck and it does fine but if i had the money i would go with a rise industries 8" lift.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 PM

I have an '06 F150 extended cab xlt. Its a 2wd. Stock suspension etc. I am looking to get a lift of some kind on it and some tires. Not looking to spend much money. I was told that a cheap way that works that i could do this is to put 3" rubber block spacers between my leaf springs in the back. then have 3" strut extension blocks in the front. would this be safe and look evenly lifted? after that, i was going to put some 36" buckshots or boggers-they are cheaper than buying bfg's mud terrain. is this a good idea to do to my truck? is it safe and will it look good?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by hollandd
I have an '06 F150 extended cab xlt. Its a 2wd. Stock suspension etc. I am looking to get a lift of some kind on it and some tires. Not looking to spend much money. I was told that a cheap way that works that i could do this is to put 3" rubber block spacers between my leaf springs in the back. then have 3" strut extension blocks in the front. would this be safe and look evenly lifted? after that, i was going to put some 36" buckshots or boggers-they are cheaper than buying bfg's mud terrain. is this a good idea to do to my truck? is it safe and will it look good?
you can get a leveling kit for it, buut you will only be able to fit 35's barely..thats the cheapest way to go. otherwise fabtech has a 2wd suspension lift i believe a 6" for ur truck and you will be able to fit those 36's

Quick Reply: What kind of lift?