Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Vibration only when radiator fans are on..

Old 07-14-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Vibration only when radiator fans are on..

2013 F-150 FX4 - My friend of mine went "mudding" and ended up going through some really deep, like over the hood, wet mud. Truck made it through no problem, and made it home without issues. Afterwards he washed all the mud and crud out of the wheel wells, and under the hood, etc. All was fine until the cooling fans kicked on... only when the fans are on, there's a vibration that can be felt inside the cabin. He's going to take it in for the dealer to check out, but I was wondering if any of you have run into something similar.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:58 PM

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like he has some mud or debry stuck to the fan blades or one or more blades was damaged by the mud. Possible fouled the fans alignment on the shaft or similar.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tomb1269
Sounds like he has some mud or debry stuck to the fan blades or one or more blades was damaged by the mud. Possible fouled the fans alignment on the shaft or similar.
You called it! He had sprayed everything down with a hose, but there was some crud stuck on there!! All better now. Amazing how that stuff sticks to everything and gets to areas you wouldn't think possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vibration only when radiator fans are on..