Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Truck-date

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:10 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Truck-date

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted, thought I’d show you the changes to my truck the last year or so.

First off, many of the changes were forced because of a rear-end collision, but I took full advantage of it completing some of the things I always wanted to do. I received an insurance payout knowing that I wanted to add long-travel suspension and fiberglass. While I was at it, I updated a few other things.

Up Front I went with Camburg’s Raptor suspension upgrade. While not true long-travel, as it uses the factory Raptor axles, it quite an improvement even over a stock Raptor. I went with Heimed upper control arms and added the bypass tab to the lower arms for possible upgrade down the road. I utilized Fox DSC 3.0 coilvers as well. Of course with this type of move, I also upgraded the steering, brake lines, and axles. While I was in there, I replaced a few parts that had worn after nearly 7 years and 100,000 miles.

Out back, I replaced the factory leaf spring pack with a Raptor K86 pack from Deaver. This was supposed to lift the rear 1” over stock assuming the rear black was removed. As I found out though, it was actually closer to 4” over stock for whatever reason. I had the springs reworked and relaxed to the 1” over stock position. I already had Raptor take-off shocks in the rear, so I stuck with them for the time being. Eventually, a bed cage will be installed and longer bypass shocks run through the bed. I also utilized Camburg shackles so allow maximum performance with the Deavers. Because I’m keeping the rear end as is, I added spacers to the rear to increas the rear track width. I finished the rear off with a Mazzulla custom bumper, which after a tricky install and some bedside modification, really pulls the truck together.

Because of the new suspension up front, I went with Fiberwerx front glass and valance unit, but kept the factory front bumper. Because of the rear-end collision, and what ultimately spawned the whole project, I went with Fiberwerx bedsides as well.

Lastly, I upgraded to Method NV’s in bronze with 37” Toyo MT’s

Overall, I love the look! The ride is perfect with the exception of a bit more road noise given the size of the tires. The truck wanders a bit more as well, but all things I can live with.

Up next: paint and regearing, followed by a bed cage and new rear shocks.

Enjoy!

Old 08-05-2018, 03:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice looking truck! What size/brand spacers are you running?
Old 08-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Wow, you're a mad man! Very nice!
Old 08-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Proud Southerner

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Mighty fine!
Old 09-01-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Guzmann
Nice looking truck! What size/brand spacers are you running?
The Spacers are 1.5", not sure of the brand, but I made sure to go with the highest quality I could as I know this could be a weak point. I purchased through Camburg, and I'm sure they could educate you better on the brand!

J
Old 09-06-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts

Very nice looking truck! Quick question though. Have you considered painting the top & bottom bar of your tailgate white to tie in the white/black combo across the back? Maybe do the same with the grill surround area up front? It looks great as is, but to a stranger seeing it for the first time, it feels like it is not finished yet.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:55 PM

Received 897 Likes on 680 Posts

Were the Deavers supposed to wrap under the axle? 4" is a lot more than 1" lol.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Very nice looking truck!

I wish I could've set you up with our kit!

Quick Reply: Truck-date