Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Recovery rope, winch line and straps

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Recovery rope, winch line and straps

I have been reading around in the internet and looking at peoples off-road setups. I work for a large rope company that has the capability to splice and make pretty much any kinda rope setup needed. Would anyone here be interested in looking into a nice off-road kinetic rope for their rig if I made a few at a discounted price? The price these people are charging for these ropes online are pretty steep so I was possibly going to start my own business on this if there was a demand. I can offer 12 strand winch line, synthetic shackles, double braid nylon recovery line and tree straps even. I also can offer any length custom sizes. What’s some thoughts?
Old 09-29-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 716 Likes on 425 Posts

To increase interest you might throw out an example. Something like 50' of 15,000# kinetic rope....then list a price and picture.

I keep a tow strap in my truck for emergencies. I'd have some interest in the rope if the price was good for a decent length of it.
The following users liked this post:
Tyler L (10-04-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 05:38 PM

I am in the process of making a few next week to give some pics of how nice they can come out. I am going to be able to offer them any length and offer them with or without full coating. I carry USA made or import options
Old 09-29-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kingofwylietx
To increase interest you might throw out an example. Something like 50' of 15,000# kinetic rope....then list a price and picture.

I keep a tow strap in my truck for emergencies. I'd have some interest in the rope if the price was good for a decent length of it.
what size and length were you looking at? I know most use the rule of thumb 2-3 times the vehicle weight. I’m going to make up some 7/8” x 30’ with the rubberized eyes and full dip to protect the outer jacket of nylon. Very nice ropes.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:22 AM

Received 347 Likes on 243 Posts

I just picked up a pair of a 30k-rated, 8'x3" TGL-brand tree savers for $13/each on Amazon, so I doubt there's a lot of room there to compete and make money.

Kinetic recovery ropes seem to be a lot more expensive; I don't know nearly enough about them to be sure, but it seems like there's a lot more room for competition in that market. I have a tow strap in my truck, but I'd be interested in a true recovery rope if I could find one that had a high-enough rating, came from a reliable-seeming source, and didn't cost over a hundred bucks.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:17 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

If you can make stuff like bubba rope, but for less money, you could make a killing. Their stuff is awesome.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by chimmike
If you can make stuff like bubba rope, but for less money, you could make a killing. Their stuff is awesome.
thats exactly what I do for a living. I will make up some next week and take pictures. I can make some like the voodoo ropes but I don’t like the style vs the Bubba rope one. I’m going to get some pricing together and give an idea of what I can do for them.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by kbroderick
I just picked up a pair of a 30k-rated, 8'x3" TGL-brand tree savers for $13/each on Amazon, so I doubt there's a lot of room there to compete and make money.

Kinetic recovery ropes seem to be a lot more expensive; I don't know nearly enough about them to be sure, but it seems like there's a lot more room for competition in that market. I have a tow strap in my truck, but I'd be interested in a true recovery rope if I could find one that had a high-enough rating, came from a reliable-seeming source, and didn't cost over a hundred bucks.
what’s your truck weight? I can see about putting something together for you
Old 09-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

i'd be interested in a couple of the shackle style things and maybe price on a recovery rope.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Definitely interested, for my F150 and Xterra, but also for my 1,700lb UTV and its 4,500lb winch.