Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Rear Lift Blocks WithOUT Bump-stop Extensions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

Default Rear Lift Blocks WithOUT Bump-stop Extensions

Anybody ever run blocks without the bump stop extensions(the 'arms' that extend to the inside to catch the bump stops)?
Reason I ask, is I've got 3" blocks on my truck now(with the arms of course), but I need another 1/2", and the only ones I can find in 3.5" do NOT have the extensions.
They're both ebay sellers, thus non-mainstream pieces, and the sellers can't answer my question of whether or not I'll risk blowing my shocks without 'em if I hard bottom.
FWIW, I'm talking on late-model F150's(mine is an '18)
Old 04-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Hey... Do you off-road a lot or drive your truck with heavy loads in the bed? If you do either, then I'd probably say you might want to see if you can find blocks with the wings (I call 'em bump-stop wings).

If the truck is purely street and you don't frequently fill the bed with cinder blocks, you may be alright.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Heat Miser

I off-road, but don't jump the thing. I don't have any current plans for loading up my bed with heavy **** either, but you never know.
Seems somebody should make actual bump stop extensions, or longer ones, but nope. Well, I can obviously get hydraulic bumps, but I don't feel like paying another $500 to gain a freaking 1/2" in the rear. I'd rather just drive around 3/8" low like I am right now. Bugs me, but for that I'd deal with it

Worse-case, I'm assuming the bump stops bolt on, in which case I'll have someone fab up some extension plates, and just find longer bolts
Just seems to me considering 3.5" blocks give a 4wd 2" of lift, the mainstream companies would make 'em

Last edited by yokev; 04-03-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:12 PM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Provided these have the height you need, I have good news. I had a similar issue with the factory bump stops being too short after my 6" lift. I put these Timbren extended bump stops on and they work like a charm. They're longer than the factory ones, come with an extension plate, bolt right into the factory locations, and include the mounting hardware.

The actual purpose of them is for people who tow or haul heavy loads, these bump stops prevent the bed from sagging. But they work great for our purpose too.

https://timbren.com/timbren-ses/

The following users liked this post:
yokev (04-03-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

I am guessing your goal is to be perfectly level, but if it were me I would go 4" rear blocks with wings and be a little high in the back. That will also help in case you do out anything in the bed.

Or go 2" blocks with an add a leaf for a net of 3.5"
Old 04-04-2019, 11:04 PM
Heat Miser

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
I am guessing your goal is to be perfectly level, but if it were me I would go 4" rear blocks with wings and be a little high in the back. That will also help in case you do out anything in the bed.

Or go 2" blocks with an add a leaf for a net of 3.5"
Thanks for the tip, but as I said I want to be level. I also don't want to stiffen my ride by installing an add-a-leaf
Old 04-04-2019, 11:46 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Originally Posted by yokev
Thanks for the tip, but as I said I want to be level. I also don't want to stiffen my ride by installing an add-a-leaf
You could always do it the best way possible and just get a leaf pack from Deaver or atlas set at 3.5" or 2.25" over stock f150.
Although then you still don't have wings, ears, or whatever you want to call them.
Maybe they could even do something about the wings.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Heat Miser

Took the 4.5" blocks that came with the lift to a local fabricator, and dude is gonna cut 'em down to 3.5" for only $120. Gonna include spacers so the same U-bolts will work as well.
That's basically the same price as a new set of blocks would cost, and these of course have bump stop extensions, so I'm set.
The following users liked this post:
Florida_F150 (04-05-2019)

Quick Reply: Rear Lift Blocks WithOUT Bump-stop Extensions