Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Rancho Quicklift vs Fox 2.0. Which and why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:32 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Rancho Quicklift vs Fox 2.0. Which and why?

I'm a bit long winded so the TL;DR question is in the title.

When I originally bought this truck I planned for it to only be a daily driver. I was going to get another cheaper rig for 4 wheeling, travel, & camping (i.e. 'overlanding'). Well over time the priorities changed and this truck will fill both DD and overlanding roles. A had put a hell bent steel level on it and a 3" block in the rear which works fine but my sleeping platform and all my gear now cause it to sag a bit. Plus, I know the front suspension could be more effective off road.

I know I'm going to get the Autospring AAL. That's already settled and I have Bilstein 5100s in the rear. I'm deciding on front coilovers. I'm sold on the Fox 2.0 but I have to admit the Rancho Quicklift product is very enticing since it is like $500 bucks cheaper and I've seen a lot of good reviews. Would the Fox 2.0s perform significantly better off road in low speed wheeling? I don't run the desert at 70 mph or anything. I'm not overly concerned about ride quality tbh. Never have been but I do appreciate it. I'm willing to save up and spend the money on Fox but if the Ranchos will serve me well, I don't see any reason to do so.

Anyone have experience with both? I appreciate input and any specifics regarding spring rates or actual travel would be amazing. I haven't been able to find much reliable info in that regard.

Pic for attention:

Last edited by overlandFX4; 04-03-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:01 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Given no other information other than the brand names makes the decision easy: Fox. Hands down. Not even a close comparison. Rancho is for the "price conscious".
Old 04-04-2017, 08:00 AM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by STingray1300
Given no other information other than the brand names makes the decision easy: Fox. Hands down. Not even a close comparison. Rancho is for the "price conscious".
Haha "price conscious" is a good euphemism. I slept on it and I'm not even sure why I asked this question. I just need to be patient and wait until I have the cash for what I really want.

lol I'd still like some insight from those that have had both and any technical specs out of curiousity.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Super Duper Senior Member

Received 346 Likes on 281 Posts

Honestly it all depends on your funds. If you can't save up for the Fox shocks, get the Rancho. If you can, get the Fox. With a daughter getting ready to go into college, I'm planning on getting the Rancho shocks. Just can't justify the $1200 for shocks and struts right now when I am going to be spending so much on her. If she gets the scholarships we hope she will, I'll get Fox 2.0's instead.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:38 PM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Perhaps you'd enjoy following your own (good) advice, eh?

Buy the best and cry once...