Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Poor geometry

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor geometry

Hi so I put a 3 in lift on the front and a 2 inch lift on the back of my 2012 f150 and the upper control arm is bumping up against the coil over on the strut. It hits it when my tires drop down so I have around a 1/4 of an inch of droop. Whenever I look at other trucks the uppercontrol arms is where it was before I lifted it and I am wondering what I need to do to correct the geometry. Thanks Garrett.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:36 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Those in the know change their UCAs. I bought Icons. FYI, you'll have to pull the coilovers again to get the UCAs installed. But it's the only way to fix what you're experiencing.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:38 PM

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts

You could reduce the amount of lift your coilovers give if they're adjustable to reduce the stress on your factory control arms. It would be smart to go to an aftermarket uca though since ball joints are very weak when at their limits. A uca with uniballs or icons Delta joint are a good very strong option. There are several manufacturers for UCA's (icon, total chaos, dirt king fabrication, Baja kits, SVC offroad, etc.) Also, many come with options for heim joints or bushings; heim joints are nice for adjustability, but on a standard truck bushings are the stronger, better option.
The following users liked this post:
midtenn (04-04-2018)

Quick Reply: Poor geometry