Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Please help new to 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help new to 4x4

Hi I'm about to buy new tires for my new truck. This is my first 4x4 and I am a big noon when it comes to 4x4s and it's aftermarket world the truck is a 2001 f150 sport 4x4 manual trans with 4.2L. I have had the truck about 3 months. The previous owner clearly put some aftermarket upgrades. The first week I got the truck I left it in 4L and got on the Interstate long story short I just got the transmission,clutch,and transfer case replaced. Now it's time for tires. As far as I know the truck has stock 3.55 gears. Door sticker say axle 19. It has a what looks like a body lift not sure what size. I'm thinking 33s but am also a noon when it comes to tires so any help would be apreciated. Also any help on future mods I should do. Or any suggestions on what mods are already done by pics of the truck or common mods for the truck I should look for to determine what's mods have been done.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:21 AM
Hooligan

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Read here: https://www.f150forum.com/f6/35s-tbars-cranked-197341/

Short story, it's not just tire circumference and lift height that determines what will fit. You have to consider tire width, wheel width, wheel backspace, and how willing you are to trim/pound. You also have to define "fit" - offroading your truck means suspension articulation that doesn't happen in the mall parking lot, so what "fits" for a pavement princess may not "fit" on a weekend warrior or trail truck.

Those are nice wheels, but they look wide with a lot of backspace. I think at your current height on those wheels, 33s will rub.

Quick Reply: Please help new to 4x4