Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Newbie wants to find out a things or two about off-road modding

Old 06-26-2014, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie wants to find out a things or two about off-road modding

Hi everyone, I just bought a 95 f150 xl and I would like to make it my badass off-road toy, but it's my first truck ever so I don't really know where I should even start from.

I understand I should be doing a suspension lift over a body lift if I actually want to use it for off-roading, but how high should I go? and where would the best place to buy parts be? Also what size tires and rims should I be looking at?

and one last thing.. I have heard ppl talking about leveling kits, but what exactly are they?

all help will be greatly appreciated!
thanks!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much money do you have to spend? The higher you go, the more money/issues you will have. A leveling kit is just a really basic lift for the front end to make the front as high as the rear.

What kind of off roading do you want to do? There are so many things to take into consideration when making decisions. You have to keep in mind with the ttb front suspension, the higher you go, there will be issues with being able to align the front end. I think a 4 in is the highest you can go without haveing to buy a bunch of extra parts. Another option is to go with a aolid front axle, but it is not completely bolt in.
The following users liked this post:
markoo91 (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to take it mudding and also possibly go do some sort of "cross country". I am hoping to spend anywhere in between 3k and 6K, including suspensions, tires, wheels, and maybe some exhaust work. I was thinking about going with a 4in suspension kit but what size tires should I be looking at?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie wants to find out a things or two about off-road modding