Topic Sponsor
Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Looking for guidance on new truck build

Old 11-06-2018, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for guidance on new truck build

Hey eveyone, I’m new here so if I should be posting elsewhere please let me know.

Im looking at buying a 2018 F-150 Lariat and want to do some work to it. Ive had a lifted truck before but knew nothing about it at the time. This go around i still don’t know that much more about it but i have more patience.

After sitting at the parts counter for hours picking stuff out i think I want, i still don’t know if thats my best option or why.

Its a significant investment, the dealer is doing the work but i want to make sure I’m getting what i want.

What im looking for is a contact or two to review options and help me select whats needed.

I don’t have a lot of time to chat with a broad audience and filter through the responses.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Telling us what you're looking to "build" would be a good start for us to give you some ideas but ultimately you're gonna have to do some research on your own to get exactly what you want.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Also your budget, but here are the basics.

Level is about the cheapest but has some issues with drivetrain alignment. But you can get more expensive than a lift kit with levels if you go to a better brand of coilover or longer travel kit (only do that if you REALLY plan on going fast off road)

Lift Kits (doesn't matter between 4 or 6" lift): Brands to look at are BDS, Zone, Procomp. BDS and Zone are owned by Fox and all three of them mentioned offer a good warranty with Procomp and BDS being the better warranty.

Shock wise, depends on what you want to do. If you don't plan on going out off road, save the money and go with bilstein or even keep the stock in the front. Most lifts come with rears and if you go BDS, get the fox upgrade.

If you plan on towing, maybe look at an add a leaf option and using a smaller rear block.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for guidance on new truck build