Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

leveling kit 2009 4x4 lariat

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leveling kit 2009 4x4 lariat

i wanting to get a leveling kit for my f150 just wanting some ides on what the best brand is and what would look better 2in or 2.5in. Plus what are the pros and cons and do you need to realine the front end. Any help would be greatful.

Last edited by kshunter1; 12-27-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:46 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

The pros - It's cheap
The cons - It causes steeper angles in your front end and causes it to wear more

The best way to lift is a suspension lift. If you have a 09 Lariat I assume it's a nice truck, might want to look into a 4 inch lift. Rough country makes good lifts for the price I have a rough country leveling kit in my truck, I plan on taking it out this summer for a good rough country 4 inch or maybe even 6.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:26 PM

If you just want to level the front. A leveling kit is great. I know now a day f-150s the fronts lower then the rear. Witch is a look many don't like. If you level that it will look great and make the truck look even. It's cheap and easy. But to determine weather you need a 2 inch or 2.5. Measure the rear bumper to ground and front bumper. Makes the decision easier. The greater the distance the bigger the leveling kit. I wouldn't say there are any cons with one. I have one and never had a single problem. I even have it with a 9 inch lift. There great to have.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 AM

thanks sportster07 i will look in to the 4inch lift kit.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:20 AM

I just ordered a hell bent steel 2.5 inch level kit. I read tons of reviews and tons of threads to figure out which size and brand to go with. Best way to tell is break out the tape measure. Make sure your on a flat level surface when you measure. I measured from center of wheel from the ground to the bottom of the fender lip. I have on 08 4x4 xlt ext cab. For my truck there was a 2 3/4 inch difference from front to back. If you want to have a little rake I would go with 2 inch. 2.5 is gonna put me almost dead level which is what I want as I don't haul or tow anything but a 4 wheeler or 2 and some dead deer lol. IMO 3 inch is stupid. Trucks sitting higher in the front look retarded and that's really where your gonna run into wear problems.

Quick Reply: leveling kit 2009 4x4 lariat