Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

If you didn't get the locker

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default If you didn't get the locker

Hi, returning member since I was on early when I bought my '04. Hit a deer now have a 2013 XLT Scab with .3.55. Advance trac etc. no locker-I confess that I missed that they had added them! My previous Ford Scab without LSD I took WAY off road to hunt and even needed to get a new differential as I broke one! My question: I don't rock climb with my truck and I confess I only even needed 4WLO a handle of times during my hunts. Yet, it bugs me a bit that I didn't get the locker: "in case!" I'm told it would be very expensive to add the electronic Ford one now with all the modules etc. and the rational part of me says" that in 8 years of off-road driving/hunting I've never even gotten stuck even with just an open D-you're just being a nut and if it wasn't this you'd be obsessed you didn't get something else! What would you guys do? Thank you so much for you time!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 540 Likes on 449 Posts

tru-trac if you absolutely need/want one. A good set of tires will help and you won't truly need a LSD
The following users liked this post:
Curveman (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 84 Likes on 75 Posts

you know, I recently inquired about this as well. Detroit Locker is on national backorder as I was told, and trying to find a 9.75 Is a BITCH. Looked at ARB and install...good Lord like 9K. The guys who I was talking to were talking about maybe getting a Posi, but I declined. I think Ill wait. Im not a crawler, but always ponder the "what if" just like you. I have yet to get really stuck after the 4.88 upgrade so if it happens, Ill seriously consider it.
The following users liked this post:
Curveman (08-08-2013)

Quick Reply: If you didn't get the locker