Off-Road Section All discussion and questions about off-road in this Section
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

How to wire up an E-locker when swapping from open diff

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wire up an E-locker when swapping from open diff

I have a 2012 F150 that came with the open diff. I got a really goot deal on a complete rear axle with the factory electronic locker. Does anyone know where to start when wiring it to a switch? Is it better to use a stock switch with the pull out **** or just a generic switch in the cab. What kind of signal does the diff need? Does it disengage on its own over a certain speed or is that controlled by a module? I would love to hear if someone has swapped one before and how they did it. Dont bother telling me to get a trutrac or other locking or limited slip. I already have this one and want to use it.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 AM
FORD lifer

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

I want to say it's controlled by a module and relay. ~ I've never seen this mode before, going to a factory E-locker, but there are some sharp guys here who have altered the wiring on theirs to stay engaged after 25mph, etc., and I'll bet somebody chimes in with some info. ~ Any chance of getting wiring off the axle donor vehicle?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The donor vehicle was a write off because the interioir and harnesses were ripped out when it was stolen. Its being parted out as a rolling frame. But I will look for other part-outs with a harness. Thanks for the advice.